3-Point Hitch Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed

/ Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed #1  

paulwestski

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240
Finished up my rear remote and top and tilt install on my new Kubota L3800 this week.
The spool valve and hoses are from Surplus center. I went with a four spool Wolverine valve.
All of my fittings were purchased from Discount Hydraulic Hose, they're close enough to me that standard ground shipping is overnight.

I decided the best place to mount the valve was on top of the loader valve. I fabricated a mounting bracket out of scrap steel from the scrap rack.
Aside from the welding to fabricate the spool valve bracket the entire install is a drill a few holes and bolt on installation.

The rear remote mounting location was a challenge. My L3800 has the factory backhoe. the remotes had to be out of the way to clear the backhoe and of course the 3pt and top and tilt. It took a lot of prototyping to make it work. There's not a lot of space back there on the L3800 and I didn't want the install to look like a strap on after thought. My final decision was to mount to the side of the ROPS. I fabricated a mounting plate and used U-bolts to attach. Grainger had the best price on the U-bolts, only because they don't charge shipping if you pick up from one of their branch stores.

I'm not going to go into a bunch of detail on the hydraulic plumbing. It's really so simple once you understand the whole power beyond concept.

I've only plumbed two of the valves to serve the top and tilt remotes for now. The other two are capped and I haven't installed the handles. Once I add hydraulics to some of my 3pt attachments I'll complete the plumbing and mounting of the other two remotes.

I'll add some more pictures with the backhoe installed this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_3755.JPG
    IMG_3755.JPG
    634 KB · Views: 2,735
  • IMG_3757.JPG
    IMG_3757.JPG
    905.6 KB · Views: 2,712
  • IMG_3765.JPG
    IMG_3765.JPG
    677.4 KB · Views: 2,246
  • IMG_3767.JPG
    IMG_3767.JPG
    754.9 KB · Views: 2,688
Last edited:
   / Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed #2  
Paul, I would say you were successful in making it a neat looking install. That is a nice set up and I like the ability to add a few more items to the valve. Great job.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed
Here's a couple of photos of the remotes with the backhoe installed.

Attachments

• IMG_3788.JPG
    IMG_3788.JPG
    696.5 KB · Views: 1,763
  • IMG_3789.JPG
    IMG_3789.JPG
    674.6 KB · Views: 1,497
   / Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed #4  
You sir are not just a craftsman, but you are an artisan! What beautiful well though out work! My hats off to your ability's

James K0UA

I forgot to mention the top and tilt cylinders came from Fit Rite. Brian was great to work with and is very knowledgeable about the whole T&T setup.

And it didn't hurt that he has the best pricing and quick turn around.

I had ordered the T&T cylinder kit from Brian before I took delivery of the tractor. I thought that I was was getting a Kubota L3400. Brady Barlow emailed me and said that since the backhoe sub frame for the L3400 was on back order he was going to upgrade me to a L3800 for the same price. I couldn't complain. Brian at Fit Rite said there were subtle differences in the tilt cylinder length. All-though It seems to work just fine with the HF quick hitch mounted. I'll know for sure once I take the tractor back to the mountain property where all of the 3pt attachments are stored and test the T&T.

Last edited:
I wanted to mount the new spool valve lower to the loader valve but needed enough clearance to operate the loader valve lockout. In reality the loader will probably always be mounted except to service the engine.

Attachments

• IMG_3768.JPG
    IMG_3768.JPG
    591.7 KB · Views: 1,220
   / Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed #7  
Beautiful work, :thumbsup: How, do you keep that tractor, that clean?

Beautiful work, :thumbsup: How, do you keep that tractor, that clean?

It only has 8 hours on it, 6 of which was just using the pallet forks moving materials around the property. Used the BB for a few passes up and down the rough cut access road.

Thanks for all of the compliments.

My next project is to fabricate a "V" shaped ditching blade that will bolt onto the backhoe bucket. I've a piece of 3/8" scrap diamond plate that I'm trying to use, not sure how pretty it'll be but it should be functional. :thumbsup:

/ Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed #10  
Where did you get your hydraulic quick connect rubber protector caps at? I really like those. The oem ones for my fel keep falling off. Those look really nice. Thanks. Philip.