Rim - Wheel - Tire B6100

/ Rim - Wheel - Tire B6100 #1  

nostep

Bronze Member
Tractor
1978 Kubota B6100DT
Does anyone know if there is a universal company/supplier with rims that would fit a B6100D? I'm looking to put Carlisle Multi-trac C/S tires on it. Here are two plans.

OEM --- Carlisle
F 20.5x8.00-10 20x10.00-10 (Rim 10"D x 8.0"W 4x4" 2.5" pilot)
R 27.0x8.50-15 26x12.00-12 (Rim 12"D x 8.5"W 6x6" 4.0" pilot)

OEM --- Carlisle
F 20.5x8.00-10 23x 8.50-12 (Rim 12"D x 7.0"W 4x4" 2.5" pilot)
R 27.0x8.50-15 29x12.50-15 (Rim 15"D x 10.0"W 6x6" 4.0" pilot)

Both plans keep close to the required front to rear ratio.

Where do I find simple steel rims?

/ Rim - Wheel - Tire B6100 #2  
Look at the Firestone, Goodyear and Budd wheel home pages

/ Rim - Wheel - Tire B6100
Thanks Leonz. Still no joy. You'd think there would be a nice collection of rim sizes to choose from (with the required details).

/ Rim - Wheel - Tire B6100 #4  
You will find on your current rims on the bead edge steel the indentification stamping of the manufacturer and you should be
able to contact them with no trouble.

I would also contact the folks at Tall Tires by Keltgens, Inc. as they get into all sorts of crazy sizes and they can help you or direct you to a rim manufacturer.

Kubota was buying rims from either firestone or good year or both as they
mount the tires and rims here as well.

You can also check with www.specialtytireandrim.com in palmetto
and scot should be able to help you are at least point you in the right direction.

Leonz,

Thanks. Here's a workable plan so far.

Front
-----
Rim Carlisle 12x7 4on4" Pilot 2.8" Jed's Wholesale Tire (Ebay) $37 EA

Tire Carlisle Multi-Trac C/S 23x8.5-12 PN:574372 Still finding best price

Rear
----
Rim Titan (Armstrong) 15x10 6on6" PN:W50534 midwestwheel $56 tractorpartmart $94

Tire Carlisle Multi-Trac C/S 29x12.5-15 PN:560478 Still finding best price.

Both rims require a small ring since pilot holes are too big (easy fix). I have no idea if this will work yet, but at least it's not as bad as everyone made it sound.

Edit

I just rechecked (or actually checked) and the pilot diameters above are actually perfect for the Kubota.

Last edited:
   / Rim - Wheel - Tire B6100 #6  
Pleaswe check with the folks at frey the wheel man about these desired rims as well they sell rims and supplies all over the north east as well.

Just make sure you buy a small tub of Frey Lube from Frey The Wheel Man as you will have zero issues mounting and demounting the tires if you do it your self.

The Frey lube is great rust inhibitor when mating the wheel disc to the hubs
and it is much less messy than any never sieze compound as you can lay it on thick and it keps out rust on the mating surfaces and lug nuts and studs as well.

Just be sure to use the lubed torque values for tightening when you reinstall

I am sure Frey has a dealer in Buffalo but you can also get it from the shop in Elmira, New York too.

/ Rim - Wheel - Tire B6100 #7  
There is a wheels and rims web site with ALL that stuff, I just don't have it bookmarked on THIS computer.
Links to it have been posted on TBN fairly recently.

It has all the details of the inner "plates" i.e. bolt hole number, size and circle diameter, middle hole diameter, offset, etc.
They say they can make up any "inner" to your specs, i.e. drill blanks to order.

There is another table of the rim "outers" (-:

These are industry standard sizes and as I recall there is at least SOME guidance on what fits what.

Thanks all. I hope to be able to do something about the tires soon. In the last few years it was no problem cutting the neighborhood common grass as the ground underneath was like concrete. Now it's like a swamp (with no end in sight for the rain). The big fat turf tires would be great to have right now.

/ Rim - Wheel - Tire B6100 #9  
Save you money and use snow chains
if you have them, yes I am serious as
the ground is so bad you will not win
anything with the high floatation turfs
other than loosing traction and digging
parallel trenches now that I understand
what you are up against.

You can always flatten it with a heavy roller
with the kubota when it is a bit drier.

Sorry, swamp was pretty strong. More like really wet residential grass. Michigan just completed it's second wettest spring in history.

After about 4 days of no rain, back to normal mowing with the AGs :)