L3430 won't stay running

/ L3430 won't stay running #1  

spock

Tractor
Kubota L3430HST
I have an 03 L3430 HST with about 700 hours on it. I moved it from the garage to the field no problem. Removed FIL and backing out to remove the box blade and it will not stay running.
has fuel (full) no other problems in the 700 hours I've owned it.

Did a quick search and it seems it could be the fuel solenoid I am going out to check.

Any other sugestions? This is the first problem with this tractor, not sure where to look.

Thanks

Spock

/ L3430 won't stay running #2  
I have an 03 L3430 HST with about 700 hours on it. I moved it from the garage to the field no problem. Removed FIL and backing out to remove the box blade and it will not stay running.
has fuel (full) no other problems in the 700 hours I've owned it.

Did a quick search and it seems it could be the fuel solenoid I am going out to check.

Any other sugestions? This is the first problem with this tractor, not sure where to look.

Thanks

Spock

You have to be more specific about 'not running'.
I would check all the safety lock out switches.

/ L3430 won't stay running
Won't run is it starts fine the dies soon after it starts.
It seems the cut-off solenoid disengages.

Checked the cut-off sol. it is OK (Jumbered it out to get her back to the garage)

Tested the relay the activates the cut-off sol. it is OK (connected straight to battery and checked continuity with DMM)

The wire that feeds the relay is intermittent voltage is dropping out.

Not sure what else is in that circuit, no electrical diagram.

Thanks

Spock

/ L3430 won't stay running #4  
change the fuel filter-sounds like its starving

/ L3430 won't stay running
Fuel filter is fine one of the first things I checked.

It is electrical either a wiring issue/ loose connection or what ever controls the relay for the shut off solenoid. I can hear the solenoid disengaging.

Trying to find a wiring diagram to trace it out.

And we have hay down.

Thanks

Spock

/ L3430 won't stay running #6  
If fuel filter is OK, then it sure sounds like one of the safety switches is giving you fits. The solenoid itself is most likely not the problem, but all those interlock switches can drive you batty. Do you have owner's manual? That should list all the safety circuits to check. Hope you find the problem quickly!

/ L3430 won't stay running #7  
Does it idle fine but as soon as you go to move die? What about if it's idling and you engage the PTO? Does it stay running or does it die? If it stays running then how about if you get off the seat, does it die? You can always start to disconnect (or jumper) each interlock until you find the one not working. A better way would be to go to the dealer (unless someone here has it) and get a copy of the wiring diagram. With it and a multi meter you should easily be able to track down where the power is getting disconnected. You may also want to try and do a detailed look around to see if a stick or something caught a wire.

/ L3430 won't stay running #9  
My manual dies at times when I start to let the clutch out. I'm thinking seat switch, I'll install a temporary jumper to see if it removes the problem.

/ L3430 won't stay running #10  
If after the tractor dies you hear a click then that means the circuit to shutoff the tractor is releasing the solenoid after the timer relay goes through its cycle. Many smaller KUBOTA tractors have an external solenoid the pulls the stop lever for stopping the engine, some have solenoids that are bolted to the engine that have two circuits where one coil is sometimes energized to run and another coil is energized to stop. It is sounding like one of the seat, PTO or other switches is momentarily loosing contact and thus triggering the shutoff timer relay and the relay turns on until the engine comes to a stop and then releases.

David Kb7uns