Mowing Mower Deck Will Not Lift

/ Mower Deck Will Not Lift #1  

cdumond

Tractor
kubota bx24
I purchased a 60" mmm for my bx24 last week. I mounted the deck with ease it mows beautifully. Tonight I used it for the 3rd time and when I was done the mower deck would not lift. I checked that the PTO was in the "A" position and nothing. The motor grunts a little when I try but the deck doesnt budge. The 3-point arms on the rear are working. Any ideas?

/ Mower Deck Will Not Lift #2  
A quick test would be to remove the deck. Then see if the mechanism lifts and lowers without the deck on

/ Mower Deck Will Not Lift #3  
Maybe it has something to do with the height adjuster knob. Try turning it around a couple full turns....just a guess. or maybe the mid PTO position just ain't quite engaged.

/ Mower Deck Will Not Lift #4  
I presume the deck lift links run off the 3PH lower arms as with most MMMs.

If that is the case and the 3PH lift arms are working correctly, it sounds like one or both of the lift links for the MMM have either broken or come out of adjustment.

When the rear arms are raised, they operate a cam (orange on ours) that fits to them, these cams pull on the link rods that run under the tractor to bell-cranks that actually lift the deck. It's all STEEL, if the rear arms lift and the deck does not, it does not sound good :(

/ Mower Deck Will Not Lift #5  
Turn the speed adjustment knob front below your seat.

/ Mower Deck Will Not Lift #6  
How many RPM's? My BX 24 will do little or nothing hydraulicly at idle.

Take Care,
Doug in SW IA

/ Mower Deck Will Not Lift #7  
There should be a rod coming from down by the deck up to an arm on either the left or right side behind the rear wheels. If you have someone operate the 3 point up and down and watch from the rear you should be able to see the arm moving and the rod that should be connected. My bx2660 uses a pin but your bx24 should have 2 nuts to attach it to the arm.

/ Mower Deck Will Not Lift
Thanks to Cooldmax! The bolt sheared that connects the arm from the 3pt to the mmm. Glad it was that simple! Thanks again for your advice :thumbsup:

/ Mower Deck Will Not Lift #9  
No problem, glad I could help for once. Usually the tables are turned and I'm the one looking for advice.