Oil & Fuel My BX2200 is Barfing parts

/ My BX2200 is Barfing parts #11  
Scott,
Sorry, but "wishin' don't make it so!" and "steel don't heal!"

You absolutely KNOW something in there is amiss or you wouldn't have parts in your hand. You KNOW you're gonn'a have to open the case to repair the broken parts. You KNOW that running/ driving, etc. is not going to make it better, and almost certainly will make it worse.

Don't run it! Decide whether you want the dealer to tear it down, or whether you want to do the work. Then do it and find out what's wrong. It might just be a broken bearing that hasn't yet ripped up anything else and might only cost $30 and some oil and filter.

/ My BX2200 is Barfing parts
Indeed I'm in for an overhaul, but we are right in the middle of several projects, plus mow season. I guess I'm wondering if it's just an issue on the 4wd side, can I keep it in 2wd and keep the blown parts from spinning thus causing more damage? I have tested the PTO, steering, and and 2wd high and low and the only part that seems a bit noisy is the 4wd. Since there is no "rebuild kit," parts will need to be ordered once they are identified, so the tractor will be down a couple weeks I bet.

/ My BX2200 is Barfing parts #13  
I'd confirm that availability of a new or re-built trans with another dealer as well. I'd also call Messicks or Barlows if I thought I needed to check even further.

/ My BX2200 is Barfing parts #14  
My guess is you may not be in too bad of shape......... if you stop now and have it torn apart. You may just need a new bearing. If you don't it'll cost you a lot. I would get a quote (unless you think you can do it) to have the dealer tear it down. If the cost is close to the cost of a rebuilt trans (if you can find one) then I would look into if you need to exchange yours in. If you don't and the price doesn't save you much then run it til it dies.

So does anyone know if the tractor needs to be split to tear into the trans and check this out?

/ My BX2200 is Barfing parts #16  
Tell your "parts person" lol, to check the section immedialtely BEFORE the HST Components listing, you know, where the parts book says "HST"...

From my parts manual for the B2410 HSE (Hydrostat 4x2)

REF. No Part No. Description Q'ty S.No. I/C REMARKS
010 6C150-11600 ASSY HST 1 <=10043
010 6C150-11602 ASSY HST 1 >=10044
010 6C150-11603 ASSY HST 1 >=10071

/ My BX2200 is Barfing parts #17  
Yea, there is a complete HST for that tractor, and it is $1500.

However. The assembly is mostly the HST pump and castings.. if a bearing is failing (I would guess it is), your still going to need to find that problem because thats not part of the trans assembly.

I'd stop using it and break it down ASAP. You could stop a minor problem from becomming a major one.

Just an update. Dealer is coming to get my little bx on Thursday morning:( Said they could split it and give me an idea of what repair costs will be for around $250. Seems like that's money well spent. Of course, I'm stuck with a pile of parts if they go sideways after that. Looking forward to seeing how many balls the rogue bearing is missing. Might give me an idea if the previous owner had knowledge of a problem developing. Not that it matters now, but...

Let's keep our fingers crossed that it's an isolated failure and I can spend my money on shiny new implements:thumbsup:

On a separate note, while it's been sitting, I've noticed the front axle has started to leak. It sure is hot to be raining this much.

Thanks everyone for the help with make the decision to get the repair done.

/ My BX2200 is Barfing parts #19  
I think you will be surprised. If you had a bearing failure like that in the HST, you would (should) know there was an issue right way when you tried to drive it. My bet is a 4wd or PTO bearing. That would be much cheaper. Good luck!

Update: Just left the dealer where I got to see my tractor in a million pieces. Sort of like going to the hospital to see a friend. The service tech said I wasn't going to want to hear this, but they cannot find any bearings that are missing balls or even failing. Mine about fell off when I heard that:confused2: I thought the assembly looked really clean and parts looked good. Took a couple pics that I will post later for those wondering what the guts look like. Their only guess was that maybe the previous owner had swapped a rear shaft bearing at some point and hadn't changed the oil to get the parts out. The fluid was pretty clear when I changed it though. I'm going down in the morning to to talk to the lead guy about it.

Anyone have thoughts on any service I should do since it's all apart? Tractor has 1250 hour on it. I'm stunned...