Help with Kubota B7100 Thermostat Housing Removal

/ Help with Kubota B7100 Thermostat Housing Removal #1  

srbent

Tractor
Kubota B7100 HST
Hi,
New to this forum and thanks to all who provide help here. I noticed that I am losing ever so slightly coolant from behind the thermostat housing between the gasket/flange and head. It's just seeping but is causing scale and popping the paint. Looks to me like the gasket needs sealer or replacement. Problem is I cannot get to the bolt behind the fan pulley and it looks as though the pulley and this housing are all in one bolted into the engine with studs and nuts.
The tractor is a Kubota B7100 HST I can get a 10MM wrench on the nut but have no room to turn it to loosen it. No room to get a socket in either. Radiator, shroud and side panels are off.
Any ideas?
Thank you.

/ Help with Kubota B7100 Thermostat Housing Removal #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Help with Kubota B7100 Thermostat Housing Removal #3  
Welcome!:thumbsup:

Yup, that little bolt is a problem till you bend your wrench or get one of the ratchet socket wrenches. :thumbsup:

The B7100 does not have a thermostat.The piece you are taking off holds the dynamo and otherwise just channels water for the cooling system.:)

It has what is called a Thermo Syphon system which has no water pump. It relies on convection for moving the water through the radiator and engine.:)

/ Help with Kubota B7100 Thermostat Housing Removal
Thanks guys. Will go get a ratcheting flex head wrench tomorrow. Appreciate the warm welcome and help.

/ Help with Kubota B7100 Thermostat Housing Removal #5  
Oh Yes, I have spent much time on that little nut!

Getting it back on is the difficult part.

My final solution was shaping a piece of sheet metal so it can fit in firm against the stud and putting some blue tack on the metal. Then I stick the nut on the blue tack, insert the metal with nut on it, behind the pulley, and press the nut squarely against the stud.

While holding the nut against the stud and with my other hand, I use a slim open ended wrench to slightly turn the nut until it grabs the thread on the stud; then it's all downhill.

There is not much room in there, at first, so just get a little bit of a turn and then switch the wrench around to get a little more turn and so on. As you tighten you'll get more room.
If it's not a tight fit, you can also try turning it at first with your fingers.

Now make sure you take allthe old paper gasket off and use gasket sealant liberally around studs or you'll be doing the job again.

/ Help with Kubota B7100 Thermostat Housing Removal #6  
Yes, putting that nut back on is also interesting. Fortunately [in this case] My hands are small and with a dab of grease on a finger and repeating the proper Mantra it can be threaded back on.:thumbsup:

Only problem it's a left handed job for me and I'm right handed.:(

/ Help with Kubota B7100 Thermostat Housing Removal #7  
Hello & WELCOME to TractorByNet.com! :)

I have moved your thread to the Kubota Owning/Operating Forum. You'll get a better response there. ;)