kubota udt verses udt super

/ kubota udt verses udt super #1  

t kubota

i have a kubota B3200 and need to change the trans fluid , just wondering the difference between the regular udt verses the udt super.
thanks for the help

/ kubota udt verses udt super #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ kubota udt verses udt super #3  
Actually, the new, synthetic SUDT is also now out. I understand it is not higher priced than the older version it replaces.

The difference is similar to using plain, 10w-30 dino oil in an engine versus 5w-30 Mobil I. There is a price difference. Both will meet specs and neither would void a warranty. Ditto with UDT and SUDT. You pay your money and you take your choice.

I personally prefer SUDT for its superior cold/heat protection, but UDT is just fine. The world isn't going to end because you might choose one or the other.

/ kubota udt verses udt super #4  
Many folks have mentioned that their hydro transmissions whine more with UDT vs SUDT - especially in smaller machines.
Mike

/ kubota udt verses udt super #5  
Hello & WELCOME to TractorByNet.com! :)

I have moved your thread to the Kubota Owning/Operating Forum. You'll get a better response there. ;)

/ kubota udt verses udt super #6  
Either is ok in most places. If you live in an area that gets really cold (snow) often, go with super UDT (better vis. in cold weather). If you live in a warmer area, go with regular.

/ kubota udt verses udt super #7  
I have used three different brands of HST in my BX2200 and BX2660 and never noticed any difference in noise or performance. I have some of the old SUDT on hand, so I will use it on my next change; haven't decide what to put in my 5030 next though, maybe the new SUDT out of curiosity.

Winters here are not bad or I might have gone with something different.

/ kubota udt verses udt super #8  
OT: Has anyone ever had their fluid tested before changing it to see if really needs to be changed? I know my BIL runs Amsoil in all his diesel equipment and has his engine oil tested every so many miles and only changes the filter at the change intervals if the test comes back good.

/ kubota udt verses udt super #9  
   / kubota udt verses udt super #10  
Are you sure about that?

Regular UDT is fine...Not sure what you're asking..It's obvious that Super UDT would be somewhat better as it's synthetic but my BX 23 has survived just fine for 7 years prior to Super's introduction.

BTW, super and regular are compatible.