BX-25 Remote oil filter

/ BX-25 Remote oil filter #1  

Tachdriver

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota bx25
I promised my friend King that I had one last BX project left in me. Well I actually started it several months ago, but with the Garage addition going on I have not had time until today to complete it.

To some of you, changing out the oil filter is really easy, and I agree. But it makes a mess of the equipment directly below the filter as it come off. I hate that:mad:. So I installed a remote filter adapter. I used the Summit kit as the foundation for this modification, although that kit's filter base asapter is too large. You will not find a kit with a filter base adapter in the 2-3/4" diameter range - you have to make it. I bought aluminum 2-3/4" solid rod and built my own. You can see it here in these pics.

DSC07034.jpg

DSC07037.jpg

DSC07039.jpg

Coupled with the Summit kit ( $40.00) and my homemade adapter ( help by Larry Joe ) I installed it today and give it the :thumbsup:

DSC04375.jpg

DSC04377.jpg

DSC04376.jpg

DSC04378.jpg

DSC04379.jpg

DSC04380.jpg

I can now installed a large oil filter on this pedestal if I want to for filtering media. When this oil filter comes off there is not mess. The oil filter is full, but the hoses drain back. Oil pressure is the same at idle. The hose have plenty of room near the hydraulic hoses. I may put protective sleeving on them anyway.

Later

later

/ BX-25 Remote oil filter #2  
Thats a pretty good idea. It should also increase the amount of oil too, which ain't bad.

Now, since you've openned up this can O' worms, hows about doing one more project :D
This one may make you some dough too.
What the BX really needs, all BX's matter of fact, is a relocated hydro filter along with an external oil cooler. Getting that filter up and out of harms way as well as providing alittle additional hydro oil cooling would be a win win. Should you except this mission, I'd recommend looking into a Harley D thermostatically controlled bypass oil cooler (or similar) as a possible starting point, maybe even an old bus power steering oil cooler. But in anycase, thats a neat idea on the engine oil filter.
Dave

/ BX-25 Remote oil filter
Hydro filter/cooler - ok you got it. I'll check this out. I am very familiar with the thermostatic bypasses. I'll post back later. Gotta research it first.

later

/ BX-25 Remote oil filter #4  
I promised my friend King that I had one last BX project left in me. Well I actually started it several months ago, but with the Garage addition going on I have not had time until today to complete it.

To some of you, changing out the oil filter is really easy, and I agree. But it makes a mess of the equipment directly below the filter as it come off. I hate that:mad:.

Simply placing a small piece of folded cardboard under the filter to funnel the oil off to the side and drop it in a pan has always worked for me.
If you poke a hole in the bottom outside end of the filter with a small screwdriver most of the oil drains out before even unscrewing it.:thumbsup:

/ BX-25 Remote oil filter #5  
The sock is back!!! Great work Tachdriver, love seeing your posts showing off your skills.

/ BX-25 Remote oil filter #6  
Mr. sock is back! :thumbsup::D

good project. Let us know how the oild filter change go in future. (Mr.sock might get a little oil soaked in pics)

Will do Radioman and thanks to the others for the comments.

Now on to look at the transmission filter mod :licking:

Later

/ BX-25 Remote oil filter #8  
Great Job, It looks like you and Larry Joe have teamed up before. I have only had to change the oil one time on my BX26 and I will have to admit, it killed me the way the oil got all over the place. You have once again "Made things better for all of us" Keep up the good work!!!!

Yes, Larry Joe is indeed a unique individual. If one can keep a plate of food away from him for more than 5 minutes he will pipe out a product every now and then. :thumbsup:

later