BX2660 - Bypass valve whine when hot

/ BX2660 - Bypass valve whine when hot #21  
Dealer has now reproduced the noise and has reached out to warranty group for help. Looks like they will be placing either the 3pt valve or the FEL valve. Grass is 8 days tall now and I have no tractor........

Did you ask them if they have anything they could loan you?

/ BX2660 - Bypass valve whine when hot
I did ask. They told me I could pick up mine to take it home, cut the lawn and bring it back. That's an 1.5 hour trip without the load unload time. Not very practical. I'm calling a lawn service.

/ BX2660 - Bypass valve whine when hot #23  
Im interested too. My BX2660 does it as well. I considered getting the valve adjust kit from BXPanded to see if it would help. Alot of loader work this past weekend and it drove me nuts.

They are replacing the relief valve - Hopefully I will have good news to report this weekend.

/ BX2660 - Bypass valve whine when hot #25  
Just checking in to see if the dealer has fixed the issue.

Todd

They say they replaced the relief valve, but I do not see any wrench marks on the valve housing. It still makes the noise. I hope the factory sends a service questionairre.

/ BX2660 - Bypass valve whine when hot #27  
Just wondering if you found any solution to this, my BX25 has the exact same issue. It never made the noise however until I removed the back-hoe for the first time and hooked up my box scraper.

At first i thought it was just the 3PH causing it but it does it with every function now when the fluid is hot, just as you describe.

You can find my tread by searching for keyword "squeal"

Please keep us updated as this is driving me crazy as well.

They replaced the relief valve. That didn't fix it. Next time I used it there was hydro leaking from the hard line right above the valve. they said it was cracked. Still equals when hot, but now only when you hit the relief valve.

Just wondering if you found any solution to this, my BX25 has the exact same issue. It never made the noise however until I removed the back-hoe for the first time and hooked up my box scraper.

At first i thought it was just the 3PH causing it but it does it with every function now when the fluid is hot, just as you describe.

You can find my tread by searching for keyword "squeal"

Please keep us updated as this is driving me crazy as well.

I just had a chance to go back and read your post - it sounds like you had found a solution? Is yours squealing again?

/ BX2660 - Bypass valve whine when hot #30  
I just had a chance to go back and read your post - it sounds like you had found a solution? Is yours squealing again?

Yep squealing again and its driving me crazy. I just tried re-routing the bypass line (hose) slightly to see if that changes anything but did not have a chance to test it and it will be two weeks before I am back onshore.

I know that when this happens if I touch the bypass hose it sure feels like its coming from there. In talking to some guys here at work in there opinion it sounds like the classic hot fluid passing through a restriction sound. I still think its one of the QC on the back. I am going to change all three when I get home to see if that solves the issue.