3pt lift

/ 3pt lift #1  

heehaw

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900, B7510 and RTV
i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, but i have this new 4900 kubota, which is much bigger than the ole JD1020 i had, but the 3pt sure works strange. it won't lift as high or as fast as the JD did, and it won't go down as far or as fast, and it won't stay where i put it, except up, it stays up really well. i have a blade on the 3pt, and with it parked in the up position, it doesn't seem to drop a bit, but i am surely doing something wrong on the operation part. any suggestions?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
heehaw

/ 3pt lift #2  
I would have thought dealer would have shown how to
run and use it before or at delivery.
Most tractors have a drop rate control to set how fast 3 PT
drops or doesn't, I don't know where it is on your 4900.
I'd call dealer for a demo or go to dealer and demo one of
his tractors.

/ 3pt lift #3  
heehaw
Make sure the restrictor valve under the seat is open, this controls the hydraulic flow to the 3 pt. and can speed up or slow the operation of the 3 pt. Do you have an S or SD ( has position/draft control) or an SU or SUD (no position/ draft control)?
Lewis

/ 3pt lift
i have a draft control, i keep it all the way up in the draft position..i probably just need more practice with the 3pt system...this was my first attempt at using it, an it wasn't very pretty, you should see my drive way!!! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
heehaw

/ 3pt lift #5  
LOL!!!...Should be interesting when I start on mine.