Backhoe BH77 mounting, 3PH question

/ BH77 mounting, 3PH question #1  

caspar3259

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3540
On another thread I noticed this picture showing the lower link arms removed when the backhoe was mounted. I believe this is a BH77 mounted on a B3300SU tractor.

Is this true of all models? I'm expecting a L3540 and BH77 next week and never thought / realized switching from backhoe to box blade could require more than unhooking the BH and backing up to the box blade...

How much of the 3PH do you need to remove to mount a BH77 on an L3540 tractor?

-Jeff

Attachments

• IMG0858-L.jpg
    IMG0858-L.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 419
   / BH77 mounting, 3PH question #2  
You don't have to remove any of the mounts for the BH, just have to re install the bottom Links for the three point, and take them back off, before you put the back hoe back on. The BH mounts, are attached under the frame of the tractor, and stay on the unit at all times.

/ BH77 mounting, 3PH question #3  
I think the picture you are showing is from my B3300SU thread. Yes, I have a BH77 on my B3300SU and all of those 3 point arms must be removed when the BH is on. So when it's removed it takes about 5-10 minutes to put them back on for using any 3PH implement. I am not sure if this is true for L's or other B's.

Tom

/ BH77 mounting, 3PH question #4  
Certainly the case with the BX24, and no doubt, the BX25. Pain in the butt, but if you plan accordingly, its not such a bad process. The one saving grace, the on again/off again BH is easy to do. The real work is the lower links...

...:D

/ BH77 mounting, 3PH question #5  
I think the picture you are showing is from my B3300SU thread. Yes, I have a BH77 on my B3300SU and all of those 3 point arms must be removed when the BH is on. So when it's removed it takes about 5-10 minutes to put them back on for using any 3PH implement. I am not sure if this is true for L's or other B's.

Tom

Same is true for the B3030. It is not a big deal, it only takes a few minutes.

/ BH77 mounting, 3PH question
Thanks for all of the replies.

Are tools needed to remove/re-install the links, or are they just pins?

-Jeff