Oil & Fuel B3300SU - Oil Choices

/ B3300SU - Oil Choices #1  

Verdemont

Bronze Member
Tractor
2015 Kubota B2650 HST
Okay, have about 10 hours on my B3300SU I got a few weeks ago now. I had a thread over in the Kubota Pricing/Buying for a month and got a lot of good purchase advice. Most of which I actually took!

Now, at about 10 hours my little B3300SU has used a bit of oil. I recall clearly the delivery person telling me to use Kubota diesel 15W40 non-synthetic. I wrote it down. I also read the tractor manual and it says 10W30 or 15W40 is okay. So, I head to the dealer yesterday to pick up 2-3 quarts of Kubota 15W40 oil.

Dealer parts guys says not to use it. To use Kubota 10W30. That only the bigger tractors really need 15W40. I told him that Daniel, the guy who delivered my tractor told me clearly to use 15W40. He goes back to the service department and brings back the owners manual for a B3300SU (same as the B3200). He opens it to "Lubrication Requirements" page and we review it together.

Yup. It clearly shows both 10W30 and 15W40 listed for the same temperature operating ranges. So, since he only had 15W40 in 2.5 gallon containers, I just purchased 3 quarts of 10W30. He told me my tractor probably has 10W30 in it from the factory.

I assume I am good. The oil was not that expensive either. I also purchased some Kubota 80/90 gear oil for the front diff and 3 quarts of Kubota Super UDT in case I lose any when I mount/dismount my BH77. The Super UDT was not cheap...

If I actually knew who's oil is inside that black 1-litre plastic bottle that has Kubota's orange label on it I'd be happier. Just in case it's el cheapo stuff.

Tom

Last edited:
   / B3300SU - Oil Choices #2  
Dealer parts guys says not to use it. To use Kubota 10W30. That only the bigger tractors really need 15W40. I told him that Daniel, the guy who delivered my tractor told me clearly to use 15W40. He goes back to the service department and brings back the owners manual for a B3300SU (same as the B3200). He opens it to "Lubrication Requirements" page and we review it together.

Define "need". I use Rotella-T 15W40 (~$12/gallon at WalMart) in my L4200GST. I also use the same oil in my 2 lawn tractors (16HP and 11HP briggs), 2 push mowers (5HP briggs), snowblower (11HP), generator (13HP Subaru), as well as in my Honda XR400, TRX450, CRF250X, CRF80, and XR50 (3HP), Yamaha TTR125LE and MOTO4 80. I also use it in the trannys of my CR125, GasGas 125xc. Once it's used, it becomes bar oil for my chainsaws. Good stuff.

JayC

/ B3300SU - Oil Choices #3  
Kubota lubricants are supplied by Ashland Oil(Valvoline).The factory fill on your tractor is indeed 10W30.Many owners around here use it even though the dealer would use 15W40 if they serviced it.Dealer has plenty of both viscosities on hand.
Another great choice is Shell Rotella T as Jay mentioned,a superior product with a great reputation.It can be had in 10W30 as well.BPfick even found it at WalMart!Either would serve you well.
Lower viscosity oils are the trend these days-your car most likely uses 5W20 or 5W30 motor oil.If I lived in Texas or Arizona,15W40 would be the choice.
I believe you're on the right track with 10W30 and SUDT.Good Luck!

/ B3300SU - Oil Choices #4  
I was talking to the parts guy yesterday about Kubota motor oil.He wouldn't say who makes the oil but did say that all correspondence and paperwork that comes with the oil shipments has Shell written on it.I am assuming it is Rotella T or very similar.The price was quite reasonably so I will try it the next oil change.