Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota 2011 MX5100 W/la844 loader, ag/ tires loaded, Massey Ferguson 2010 GC2610 TLB w/ r4 tires, loaded, 60" Belly Mower

Default rear wheel weights

have a kubota mx5100 with a la844 loader tires are loaded, but can`t seem to keep the rear end on the ground.
    anyone know where i can get aftermarket weights. ?

candyman

What do you use as ballast on three point hitch?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota 2011 MX5100 W/la844 loader, ag/ tires loaded, Massey Ferguson 2010 GC2610 TLB w/ r4 tires, loaded, 60" Belly Mower

Default Re: rear wheel weights

nothing.

I have a MX 4700 which is the same tractor minus the turbo, I also have the tires filled and I run a Woods HB72 box blade which weighs 750lbs. And I have no problems lifting.

Tractor
    John Deere 3720

I don't know but the owners manual would probably tell you to have 1200-1300 lbs in a weight box plus loaded tires plus wheel weights. My tractor is smaller than yours I think and I have 1500 lbs in a weight box and loaded tires and no wheel weights and it seems to work great and gives a confident feel when I have a big load on. I am looking for wheel weights though.
    JD 3720 with R4s and bulldozer capabilities.
    X740

Silver Member
    Tractor

i thought that if i put on wheel weights i would not have to put a attachment
    on the hitch, thus freeing it up to pull what i needed.

am i wrong in thinking that wheel weights are the answer, when i get a load on, the rear end is bouncing off the ground.

the rear tires weight in at @ 6-700# each. anyone have rear weights installed. ??

cm

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

I may have missed, but do you have filled tires?

You can "get by" with only wheel weights or filled tires for pulling things, but to get the best and safest FEL performance on "most tractors", wheel weights and/or filled tires along with some sufficient weight on the 3PH.

Some get good performance with just 3PH ballast, but a combination works best for my uses.

Do a search and you will find a lot of information and opinions.

Good luck.
    "An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it." - Jef Mallett

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

The loaded tires are great when you are for instance mowing on a slope with a rear rotary cutter on the back to help the stability, BUT they are no way enough to prevent the raising of the rear when using a loader. You need a ballast box or a heavy implement on the back to offset the weight on the front end loader, not just to keep your rears on the ground, but to also ease the strain on the front axle/seals you are overstressing by lifting the rears and putting all of that load on the front. If you would like to search here there are thousands of post's about ballast boxes. You can easily build one or buy. Or have a heavy implement like a heavy duty box blade on the rear. You may need to load it with some concrete blocks though.depending how much it weighs. You MUST have ballast, a tractor as it comes off the trailer with a Front End Loader installed, is next to worthless for lifting. In fact it is downright scarey. I have 750lbs on my little L3400HST plus the loaded tires. That is about right for mine, Your tractor is larger, and has a much more powerful loader, so More than that is going to be needed.

James K0UA
    James K0UA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner NRA Life Member How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN .