Backhoe New Woods BH80X today..

/ New Woods BH80X today.. #1  

Adiredneck

Gold Member
Tractor
2006 Kubota L3400DT, Kubota L5240
At an Idle, I can do a lot. At 1500RPM's this thing has more power than I expected. I was worried that I didn't have the GPM's to run it to it's full potential, but I was wrong. I spent 2 hours getting used to it tonight. In that time, I went from bumbling around to actually controlling it.

Attachments

• DSCN1429.JPG
    DSCN1429.JPG
    997.4 KB · Views: 1,196
  • DSCN1433.JPG
    DSCN1433.JPG
    996 KB · Views: 1,304
  • DSCN1430.JPG
    DSCN1430.JPG
    995.2 KB · Views: 1,107
   / New Woods BH80X today.. #2  
Enjoy every minute, especially when you drive by your rusting hand shovel!!

I put my tired old woods 750 on my 3430 last weekend and hope to have fun with it tomorrow.

Good Luck

/ New Woods BH80X today.. #3  
I have the BH70X and love it,, One thing to keep an eye one if your sub frame mounts the same as mine is the bolts 4 bolts that go in the rear axel housing,, Mine keep coming loose so I had to locktite them,,

/ New Woods BH80X today..
Thanks HR3. I will keep an eye on them.

I was told by the dealer that the swing cylinders have pressure reliefs built in to prevent damage, but I'm not sure if the rest of the hoe has a relief, or if it uses the tractor's relief.

Does anyone know what kind of hydraulic quick connects that Woods uses? I figure that it should be easier to install some remotes now that I have 2 of the 3 hoses ran to the back.

/ New Woods BH80X today.. #5  
Nice hoe. I'm jealous of that hydraulic thumb. It would be real nice not to have to get off the tractor to set mine up Congratulations and have fun with it, I mean get some work done with it. :thumbsup:

/ New Woods BH80X today..
Nice hoe. I'm jealous of that hydraulic thumb. It would be real nice not to have to get off the tractor to set mine up Congratulations and have fun with it, I mean get some work done with it. :thumbsup:

Actually it's a mechanical thumb. I can see already where a hydraulic would be nice.

/ New Woods BH80X today.. #7  
Looks great. I like how you couldn't even wait to get out of the barn to dig a hole! :)

/ New Woods BH80X today.. #8  
when you get ready to take it off you might want to take it off onto something like this. sure makes it easier to put back on.

Attachments

• 05-22-11 001 (600 x 450).jpg
    05-22-11 001 (600 x 450).jpg
    83 KB · Views: 857
   / New Woods BH80X today.. #9  
At an Idle, I can do a lot. At 1500RPM's this thing has more power than I expected. I was worried that I didn't have the GPM's to run it to it's full potential, but I was wrong. I spent 2 hours getting used to it tonight. In that time, I went from bumbling around to actually controlling it.

You are going to love this hoe. I have the same one and I usually run it at 1500 rpms as well. I recently purchased the Woods kit to convert my mechanical thumb to a hydraulic one.

Vic

/ New Woods BH80X today.. #10  
You are going to love this hoe. I have the same one and I usually run it at 1500 rpms as well. I recently purchased the Woods kit to convert my mechanical thumb to a hydraulic one.

Vic

May I ask where you purchased and for how much? You can PM me the info, or indicate it's none of my business if you like. I ask because there was talk on here about it when Woods came out with the kit. At the time is was allegedly about a grand for the kit, but when I priced it at a Kubota dealer...... it was almost $1400. So.... I have not ordered the kit yet.

I'm looking forward to your pics of the install. ;)