Backhoe BX25 Backhoe Pin Alignment

/ BX25 Backhoe Pin Alignment #1  

unclejoey

Tractor
Kubota BX25
Just joined the forum to pick your brains about a backhoe mounting problem I'm having with a new BX25. When I follow the mounting instructions and raise the rear tires to insert the mounting pins, the one on the left side goes in perfectly, but I always have to struggle with the one on the right. It goes through the outside tang on the backhoe and the tractor frame just fine, but there's interference trying to get it through the inner mounting tang on the backhoe. Nothing I do - tilting the tractor with the stabilizers, "yawing" by swinging the backhoe, or raising/lowering the rear end - seems to help. I always have to force that pin in/out.

It seems like it might be a slight misalignment in the geometry on my machine. Has anyone run into this before? Any thoughts as to whether or not boring out the inside tang on the backhoe frame would be an OK solution?

Thanks in advance for any help.

/ BX25 Backhoe Pin Alignment #2  
Not trying to spend your money but the BXpanded backhoe dolly Loader/Backhoe Dollies may help you with your issue. I have one and never have an issue with either pins.

Attachments

• 0509091801.jpg
    0509091801.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 749
  • 0509091805a.jpg
    0509091805a.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 543
   / BX25 Backhoe Pin Alignment #3  
On my bx 24, its the left pin thats harder to use. I took a small sandpaper flap and cleared out the paint of problem side and its easier now. Still a pain but easier. On your BX25, the paint might be the issue as it can mess up the clearances.

/ BX25 Backhoe Pin Alignment
Thanks for the response. Looks like a slick setup you have. Unfortunately, my normal implement storage is in an open shed area with a dirt/gravel floor, so the wheeled dolly is probably not a real option for me. I have tried mounting my backhoe in my workshop, which has a concrete slab floor - same alignment problem.

/ BX25 Backhoe Pin Alignment #6  
I am sure it is a different design but one of the pins on my L39 is tuff to get in or out if I have the rear wheels lifted.

What I do is just put enough down pressure on the boom to get that pin to move and the other pin will move too.

Also when they are out I covered both the pins and the holes with grease and they move a LOT easier now.

/ BX25 Backhoe Pin Alignment #7  
Interesting. Mine is the same with the left pin going right in and the right getting hung up on the inner tang also, but a little extra lift with the right stabilizer makes it go in the rest of the way. I'd start by removing the paint as suggested then maybe some filing on the inner tang rim if necessary.

/ BX25 Backhoe Pin Alignment
Thanks, all. I guess I'll start with paint removal, lube, and more jostling with the hydraulics. If it's still not playing nice, file time. Probably a chamfer on the edge of the hole in the tang will give a little lead-in.

/ BX25 Backhoe Pin Alignment #9  
Late model BX24 and same thing. My right side is a PITA. Some grease will help

/ BX25 Backhoe Pin Alignment #10  
Have that problem every once in a while on r side...use a "persuader"...interestingly, only happens going on, never coming off...