Grading Grading scraper VS box scraper

/ Grading scraper VS box scraper #1  

Mac25

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320 HST with LA 364 FEL
Have not used a box scraper on gravel yet, but this grading scraper is the berries for grading gravel. Definitely worth it.

/ Grading scraper VS box scraper #2  
I use a box blade on my gravel driveway. Has always worked very well for me.

Don

/ Grading scraper VS box scraper #3  
Have not used a box scraper on gravel yet, but this grading scraper is the berries for grading gravel. Definitely worth it.

Glad to hear it. I feel like I am chasing all your posts today. 304 vs. 364, pics of your new unit, and review of your scraper.

Thanks for the info ! :thumbsup:

/ Grading scraper VS box scraper #4  
The grading scraper is much better. Most people who advocate for the box blade have never tried a grading scraper. I have never heard of anyone who, after using both, preferred the box for grading. I have and use both. The box is better at moving quantities of soil (and shaping it if you have top-n-tilt), while the grader is better at grading. The box is more versatile overall. If you have a box, you can move soil and grade also. The grader does not move soil like the box. If you need to do both jobs and can only afford one implement, buy a box. If you only do grading, buy a grading scraper. If you have a box, need to grade, and have the money, buy a grader too.

/ Grading scraper VS box scraper #5  
I have a 72" grader and maintain 2000 feet of gravel, I wish I bought it 2 years ago.

/ Grading scraper VS box scraper
I graded my 175' drive this past weekend and it took me about an hour and a half. Really surprised me how easy it was. Kind of wish I had position control instead of the 1/4 inching valve so I could set the height exactly imstead of using the naked eye. Anyhow, well recommended piece of equipment.

/ Grading scraper VS box scraper #7  
I'm picking up a Woods RB60 tonight, maybe tomorrow. Has the tilt feature. Agonized over one from TSC, without the tilt or the Woods. I need to cut in a drainage ditch. I figuare the Woods will out live me. Looking forward to tackling my drive. Hope I don't butcher it up...:)

/ Grading scraper VS box scraper #8  
Old John Deere model 80, made in the 50's & 60's! I do have a box blade that I made from a 5' King Kutter, hardly ever use it. ~~ grnspot

Attachments

• Farm 048.jpg
    Farm 048.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,660
  • FARM 038 (Small).jpg
    FARM 038 (Small).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,175
   / Grading scraper VS box scraper #9  
I used a box blade on the neighbors driveway yesterday. It was compacted and overgrown with weeds. They asked me to dig up the weeds and they were going to dump more gravel on it.

When I got done I called them and told them they wouldn't need more gravel. I had the teeth down the lowest and it worked really good. Then I backdragged with the FEL and it looked like a million bucks. Got a case of corona out of the deal too!