Wallenstein Chipper

/ Wallenstein Chipper #11  
How fine is the mulch from the shredder? I would like to put some on trails in the bush

It is fairly fine. I don't know where you live but around here (SE Michigan) I would only be putting chips from my Wallenstein on trails and not stuff that I had shredded with it. Shredded stuff would break down faster and be extra squishy in the spring. I use trails in the park system around here pretty regularly and they use coarse chips on those and it seems to work OK. The wet areas get new chips every year.

/ Wallenstein Chipper
It wouldn't be much different than the backhoe would it?

/ Wallenstein Chipper #14  
My BX25 works great with my BX42 but I did learn I needed to adjust the blade gap to make my chips smaller. I went with the BX42 as some of my branches were tough. I do have a separate mulcher for leaves. Chips are great for paths and to throw into the compost! Enjoy! :thumbsup:

/ Wallenstein Chipper #15  
Here is a pic so you can see it in action! :D

Attachments

• BX25 & BX42 Chipper in action1.jpg
    BX25 & BX42 Chipper in action1.jpg
    991.2 KB · Views: 482
   / Wallenstein Chipper #16  
A bit off topic but how do the chippers handle pine needles? What about serious pine "pitch/sap"? Does it get all junked up? How much would you have to do to maintain if you were cutting pine trees with lots of 1-2 inch branches?

Thanks...looks pretty inviting...hate getting rid of branches.

Do chip piles begin to be an issue?

Thanks...TMR

/ Wallenstein Chipper #18  
What do you gaps your blades at? Its supposed to be between 1/16 & 1/32 isn't it? Are you saying if I have a tractor with a lot of power I can go bigger (more than 1/32) on the gap?

Actually, my BX42 arrived with a larger gap and I needed to reduce it to make the chips smaller and cut up more twigs. If you run at a high RPM, as suggested, the BX25 works fine! :thumbsup:

/ Wallenstein Chipper #20  
A bit off topic but how do the chippers handle pine needles? What about serious pine "pitch/sap"? Does it get all junked up? How much would you have to do to maintain if you were cutting pine trees with lots of 1-2 inch branches?

Do chip piles begin to be an issue?

I have chipped up the branches from a few pine trees and had no problem with pitch build up affecting performance of the machine. It goes through 1-2 inch pine/spruce branches with NO problem. If I'm raking pine needles and put too much at a time in the shredder, the needles can slow things down a bit, but it is easy to adjust my "feed rate" for that.
One thing I've mentioned before is that the shredder opening is fairly high off the ground. I'm 6'4". I could see feeding the shredder being a bit of a chore for less tall folks.