3-Point Hitch Hydraulink Top Link

/ Hydraulink Top Link #1  

Donkey Shade Farm

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
I've always had more time than money, but every now and then my laziness kicks in and I'll purchase something to make the process quicker, easier or both. That's how I ended up with my Pat's Quick Change and I don't regret it. Since I have the lift arms covered I began pondering the top link. I don't think I would ever put down the money to add rear hydraulics and a hydraulic top link, but I stumbled across this item that I believe could make life easier economically. Has anyone ever used the the Hydraulink ? I'm looking at using it mainly with my rear blade. How rugged is it, and is it as easy to use as advertised?

/ Hydraulink Top Link #2  
I have also looked at this-online- and looks pretty neat. I just wonder how you get a bush hog adjusted up? With a box blade with forks down I can see it tipping forward but a cutter that doesnt stick in the ground? I dont see how it will tip the back of the cutter up? Same with a tiller it will roll if you try and drag it so it will not tip forward? I hope someone jumps in that has one...

AndyG

/ Hydraulink Top Link #3  
It is a sticky on the top of the "Attachments" section of TBN. More information than you can possibly digest.

Good luck.

/ Hydraulink Top Link #4  
Ok, check my thought process here. On a rotary cutter, the front to rear height alignment is handled by the rear wheel adjustment. The 3pt only raises and lowers the entire deck at the same ratio. There is no toplink adjustment required once the deck is leveled. The Hydraulink will add some play in the connection due to it's piston play, but the deck pitch should not change. There already similar play on a standard top link when the rotating hitch collar is attached, this would just increase that play slightly I would think. In a ground engaging implement, top link pitch adjustment becomes important, but not so much on a mower.

I have never used a tiller, so I cannot speculate on how that works.

/ Hydraulink Top Link #5  
True- but I need to rasie the back of the cutter to load on the trailer so how would you do that? cant drop it and release value and move forward? I guess drop back tire of the cutter on the trailer while the value is released then close and drive away? I still like it and would like to chat with someone that has one... About to buy pat's system for my fathers day :laughing: So this might have to wait-- do you like your quick system?? Pats seems to get everyones vote around here..

AndyG

/ Hydraulink Top Link #6  
I know you're not likely wanting to hear a sales pitch but I wanted to help out here a bit. So here are a few links to a couple TBN customer reviews I dug up for you to look at. There's also a link to Pat's Easy Hitch being a HydrauLink dealer as well. See links below.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/2406609-post363.html

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/2384824-post345.html

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/2260407-post258.html

If you get a HydrauLink, please post your review here. We love feedback.

/ Hydraulink Top Link #7  
Interesting product, but I love the full adjustment of my hydraulic top link... Makes my attachments more useful with on the go adjustments in angles etc!!! If you think you need it, then go the full hydraulic route...

/ Hydraulink Top Link #8  
It does look like it fits nicely between a conventional screw top link and full hydraulic link.

I might have given one a try, but they do not have one that will fit a BX :( Will most likely be ordering the rear hydraulic kit and a hydraulic top link instead.

Paul

/ Hydraulink Top Link #9  
It does look like it fits nicely between a conventional screw top link and full hydraulic link.

I might have given one a try, but they do not have one that will fit a BX :( Will most likely be ordering the rear hydraulic kit and a hydraulic top link instead.

Paul

Sorry for the delay. I know it can be frustrating but we want to get it right the first time... no mistakes. Our cat 0 series prototypes are on the way to us now. After some solid field testing, we'll be placing an order for late summer/ early fall delivery. We certainly want your business but we don't want to rush things too much and give you an inferior product.

One of the comments we've heard over and over from our customers is that they appreciate the heavy, quality design that HydrauLink has. We want that to continue into our cat 0 series as well.

For anyone that might be interested, send an email to sales@hydraulink.net to be put on the category 0 waiting list. You'll be among the first ones to get it when it comes out.

NOTE: Technically, it's not a category 0 unit...it's somewhere in-between a cat 0 and a cat 1. But it is designed to fit on the BX series and similar tractors.

/ Hydraulink Top Link #10  
So here's a question that I have not run across before. If I am going to add the Pat's quick attach, which extend out the mounting points a couple of inches, would I use the current Cat 1 Hydraulink or the forth coming one specifically for BXs?

Paul