Removing lower links on BX2660

/ Removing lower links on BX2660 #1  

paul314159

Tractor
Kubota BX2660
Does anyone know how to completely remove the lower links on a BX2660? Specifically I'm trying to understand what I have to do to get the "pin lower link", item 010 in the attached PDF, out. I'm trying to retrofit a set of B series telescopic stabilizers and need to slide the pin out so I can install the stabilizer brackets and some spacers.

Thanks.
Paul

Attachments

• Kubota-BX2660D-TOP LINKTOP LINK BRACKETPTO PROTECTOR.pdf
    156.3 KB · Views: 402
   / Removing lower links on BX2660 #2  
Its been a while, but IIRC, you remove the plate that the stabilizers mount to (100 in your diagram). Then the pin can slide to one side enough to take off the lower arms and take out the plate. Then it slides out.

Aaron Z

/ Removing lower links on BX2660 #3  
I am not advocating that you do it, but the entire K123 has to be removed unless you can remove the tires and the pin keeper 2581-93980.

If you did not have snap rings on the pin you would have the pin keeper as it
is entirely connected with the lower link assembly sway arms.

The pin keeper assures the lower link bearings do not fall out from the mounting plate.

Be sure you can reuse the pin keeper and the sway adjusters first!!!

/ Removing lower links on BX2660 #4  
There's a plate roughly triangular in shape, that the turnbuckles attach to. In the middle of the plate is a small pin with a hairpin clip. Remove the clip and the little pin will drop out. That allows the plate to be lifted from the shaft that goes through the frame and the lower arms. Lift the plate and you'll find a bushing on either end of the shaft. Slide the bushings toward the middle of the shaft. This will allow the shaft to be slid to one side than the other, releasing the arms. Don't lose the bushings.

/ Removing lower links on BX2660
Thanks for the input. I think I may have figured out how to get the bar out far enough for what I want to do. Once I have the parts in hand I'll document what I end up coming up with.

Depending on spacing, if just moving the bushings allows the shaft to be removed, then that may simplify what I want to do. Will have to wait until I have the pieces parts to see.

Thanks again.
Paul

/ Removing lower links on BX2660 #6  
I am not advocating that you do it, but the entire K123 has to be removed unless you can remove the tires and the pin keeper 2581-93980.

If you did not have snap rings on the pin you would have the pin keeper as it
is entirely connected with the lower link assembly sway arms.

The pin keeper assures the lower link bearings do not fall out from the mounting plate.

Be sure you can reuse the pin keeper and the sway adjusters first!!!

No- the k123 does NOT need to be removed at all. Please don't.
The BX24/25 do this daily when swapping from BH to 3 pt.
Bxpanded is right - you need to remove the gray trianagular like plate off by removing the 120 hairclip pin and the 110 center bolt down . with the turnbuckles loose, you can lift the gray plate straight up and off and you can slide either 020 bushings from 010 pin shaft. Any questions on how- just PM me.

/ Removing lower links on BX2660
I had the grey plate off yesterday, but did not realize the bushings slid in to release the bar. I looked at it again this morning and see how to bushings are used to keep the shaft in place. Since I have to have some room to slide the end bushings, I think I'll end up using a split collar to provide the room to slide the side bushings, since I don't plan on reusing the grey plate in the middle now.

Paul

/ Removing lower links on BX2660 #8  
It pleases me to see the kind of folks on here that will take the time, and patience to help those that really don't need help, or want it. My thanks to Radioman, and BXexpanded too. You both are a credit to this site.