Loaded Tires and Tire Pressure????

/ Loaded Tires and Tire Pressure???? #1  

Whitnel

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota GL3240
Well needed to find out if the tires on my L3240 were loaded or not and what pressure the tires were at.

Well liquid came out of all four tires:confused:! I have read that having the front tires loaded is not good so should I try and drain out as much of the fluid as I can and air them back up?

How much tire pressure do you run in tires that are filled? I would have to assume you could not fill them 100% and would have some air in them. Even with the tire rotated so the valve stem was as high up as possible pointing down at the ground I could only get one of the rear tires to not push liquid out. The one rear tire that did blow air was at 14 psi. I have the R4's and I could not find a suggested tire pressure on the side of the tire like truck tires do.

All of this is new to me so any help would be great. Thanks,

/ Loaded Tires and Tire Pressure???? #2  
Well needed to find out if the tires on my L3240 were loaded or not and what pressure the tires were at.

Well liquid came out of all four tires:confused:! I have read that having the front tires loaded is not good so should I try and drain out as much of the fluid as I can and air them back up?

How much tire pressure do you run in tires that are filled? I would have to assume you could not fill them 100% and would have some air in them. Even with the tire rotated so the valve stem was as high up as possible pointing down at the ground I could only get one of the rear tires to not push liquid out. The one rear tire that did blow air was at 14 psi. I have the R4's and I could not find a suggested tire pressure on the side of the tire like truck tires do.

All of this is new to me so any help would be great. Thanks,

Tires should never filled past 75%. Tire pressure is dependent on the weight you are carrying. I run 10psi in mine which is a little soft but I hate the tooth jarring I get when they are run any harder. Industrial tires are a lot more substantial tire and are less forgiving on the sidewall.:)

/ Loaded Tires and Tire Pressure???? #3  
I have loaded rear tires on a L3710. I run full air pressure in them, but they don't hold much, maybe 15-20 lbs. The valve needs to be at 12:00. If you still can't get air out, the valve cores may be rusted up. It's a cheap part, but if you break it, then you have a big mess. I find it much easier to have a tire shop change them. Unless your front end is light, you really wouldn't need or want fluid in the front tires.

/ Loaded Tires and Tire Pressure???? #4  
I have an L3240 with loaded R4 tires on the rear and run 10 PSI in them.It states on the sidewall that the maximum pressure is 20 PSI.

/ Loaded Tires and Tire Pressure????
The valve needs to be at 12:00. If you still can't get air out, the valve cores may be rusted up.

I had the valves at 12:00 and had water coming out of 3 of the tires. Only had one to blow air. So the valve cores are not frozen. How would you get that much fluid in a tire?

Next time out there I will catch some of the fluid in a bottle and stick it in the freezer. I don't know if they have water or the proper fluid in them. This is what the guys at Barlows suggested.

/ Loaded Tires and Tire Pressure???? #6  
I had the valves at 12:00 and had water coming out of 3 of the tires. Only had one to blow air. So the valve cores are not frozen. How would you get that much fluid in a tire?

Next time out there I will catch some of the fluid in a bottle and stick it in the freezer. I don't know if they have water or the proper fluid in them. This is what the guys at Barlows suggested.

You will now if it is calcium chloride. Just dip the end of your finger and touch your tongue. It will give you a burning sensation on the tongue:licking:. Terrible stuff. Hope for your sake it is just water. Don't get CC on the grass cause it will kill it:(
Fluid is pumped into the tires so it is possible to fill them right to the top.:mad:

/ Loaded Tires and Tire Pressure???? #7  
Just like Kuboman said. It seems like some tire shops are way more careful than others. I have always found the best shops to be those that sell large truck tires. One very good shop I know, they use metal valve stems on everything. No matter if it's a Honda Civic or a log skidder.

/ Loaded Tires and Tire Pressure???? #8  
Tires should never filled past 75%. Tire pressure is dependent on the weight you are carrying. I run 10psi in mine which is a little soft but I hate the tooth jarring I get when they are run any harder. Industrial tires are a lot more substantial tire and are less forgiving on the sidewall.:)

Same here ----------

/ Loaded Tires and Tire Pressure???? #9  
Hi, I have the same question so I would like to make sure I understand this correctly. When the valve stem is at 12:00 then no liquid should be coming out of the stem? Water filled is OK? What kind of situations do you need to fill the rear tires to add weight?

If this is a different thread let me know:
I have steep hill, the front end of my Ford 3000 is very light. I don't have any suitcase weights & no where to hang them that I can see. Is there anything else I can do?

/ Loaded Tires and Tire Pressure????
Hi, I have the same question so I would like to make sure I understand this correctly. When the valve stem is at 12:00 then no liquid should be coming out of the stem? Water filled is OK? What kind of situations do you need to fill the rear tires to add weight?
QUOTE]

From what I have gathered filling to 75% of the tire is the norm. So when the valve stem is at 12:00 no water should be coming out, I would think it would be at least several inches below the valve stem at 75% full.

Some used water but not really recommended as water will freeze and cause damage. People use antifreeze, RV antifreeze, windshield washer fluid and there is a product called rim guard ( i think it is beat juice but not for sure).

Rear tires are filled to help to balance the tractor when using the front bucket alot. Some also say it make the tractor more stable.