Loader mount Hydraulics on 3540 Cab

/ Loader mount Hydraulics on 3540 Cab #1  

JP11

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 2518
I figured I would try to pass along some info that was lacking when I was doing my shopping. I had a hard time finding out what the loader mount hydraulics would look like on a 3540 cab.

So... I'll share my PERSONAL opinions and pictures.

Initially I was a bit disappointed in how much the valve works stick out and look vulnerable to foreign object damage. The valve block has a small cover which you can't step on.

The expense was pretty big. In hindsight I think that for the amount of WORK left and right I will be doing with the hydraulic tilt snow plow... it would have been as good, and MUCH cheaper to add the third rear remote. (I put in two.. another would have been pretty cheap.) Running hoses forward to the front of loader arms would have worked fine.

As for the outside valve body that LOOKS precarious, I guess I shouldn't be messing about it anything that would knock into that. It's a tractor, and not a skidder. But there are enough points already on the tractor where a misplaced stick could do damage. I wish it was protected a bit more. I'm a bit "big" to try and get in and out on that side anyway, so it's "no step" thing isn't really a factor.

The installation inside is pretty neat. (I KNOW.. I don't know why the guy putting it in didn't clip the zip tie.. and I've been telling myself to do it and feel foolish it's in the picture now) There is a small white button which lights up green when the front hydros are armed. The buttons up near the top of loader valve run the fluid one way or t'other.

Just thought I would share some thoughts, and some pics.

Attachments

• DSC_0222.jpg
    DSC_0222.jpg
    690.9 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC_0223.jpg
    DSC_0223.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 134
   / Loader mount Hydraulics on 3540 Cab
Ok, and I should have got a pic of lines and mounting position on the front. Oh wait. I used the wife's pro camera.. and I was able to zoom a bit and still have some quality. Here's what I came up with.

Attachments

• DSC_0225.jpg
    DSC_0225.jpg
    720.3 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC_0225b.jpg
    DSC_0225b.jpg
    667.8 KB · Views: 124
   / Loader mount Hydraulics on 3540 Cab #3  
Ok, and I should have got a pic of lines and mounting position on the front. Oh wait. I used the wife's pro camera.. and I was able to zoom a bit and still have some quality. Here's what I came up with.

Is that a Kubota add on valve or a jobber. Looks nice and neat.:thumbsup:

/ Loader mount Hydraulics on 3540 Cab
Dealer installed. I don't have the patience. I'll stick with doing my job, and let them do the wrenching. I enjoy doing some work.. but messing with hydraulics doens't make the list.

JP