Broken Mount For LA724

/ Broken Mount For LA724 #71  
MHarryE-
Thanks for that information!

Kcender-

7/8" it is, then. I am kind of surprised at Kubota and I really think someone should lose their employee of the week parking space, or at least give their mug back. I'll be dining on Blacksbird Pie tonight.

I'm fully in agreement with you about not liking a casting for this application. To be frank, I only use a casting where a weldment or hog out is highly impractical or very expensive - shapes like an engine block or pump housing. As others have stated, this looks like a perfect shape for a weldment of bent up plates and maybe some milled forgings/bar stock for the loader arm attachment points. I think your fix looks like it should work very well and be much stronger than what you started with, new. It wouldn't surprise me if you get some requests to make a few sets up for others on this forum. Please show us the finished weldments as I always appreciate seeing a job well done in it's completed form and you certainly know what you are doing. Maybe someone at Kubota will feel appropriately shamed after studying your solution. Shame is powerful stuff.

-Jim

/ Broken Mount For LA724
I just got home from work to find Terry from my local Kubota dealership along with the regional rep for Kubota.The rep was anxious to see the brackets and said it has generated quite a stir up through the ranks at Kubota.Apparently they had never encountered this before and were quite surprised that it happened.He agreed to replace both brackets without question,saying it should never have happened and apoligized to me for it hapenning at all.Apparently he can find no record of any changes ever made to the manufacturing of the brackets but acknowledged the difference in the pictures of Baby Grand's tractor.He offered to try and get me these brackets but I told him I would prefer the original type of bracket so I can weld on the reinforcing plates.We discussed the welding of these plates and he thought it was a good idea.He has no trouble with me doing the welding as I am a certified welder but was willing to pay a welding shop to do the work if I had wished it.He also said for the dealer to have the brackets powder coated after the welding is done as that is how they are originally painted.They are going to try to find me a set of brackets in the system but if none are available,they will take a set off a tractor on the lot.As for the timeline,I broke the bracket Wednesday evening,my dealer came down to see the tractor Sunday evening on his own time[Friday was a holiday],and the rep came on Tuesday.The retail price of the brackets is over $1100 per side.I am more than happy with the response from Kubota and feel I couldn't have been treated any better.

Last edited:
   / Broken Mount For LA724 #73  
That's great to hear that they're taking care of this, & in a timely manner.

/ Broken Mount For LA724 #74  
Sweet man, finally a win for kubota this time, and yourself taboot! So sick of drinking all the haterade towards kubota on tbn lately. Sounds like youve got a good dealer and thats what counts! Post some pics of your plates when done.

/ Broken Mount For LA724 #75  
kcender,
Good for you and good for Kubota and the dealer!
Some days you're the bug and some days you're the windshield, today you're the windshield and you win.:thumbsup:

/ Broken Mount For LA724 #76  
Glad to hear things are working out well, I was pretty sure Terry would be willing to do what he could. It's good to see Kubota standing behind their products, even after the warranty has expired.

Like we said the other day, I'd hate to pay to build a tractor from parts. $1100 per side is pricey enough, let alone labour costs.

Interesting that they had no problem with welding the new ones, maybe if they see a few more break Kubota will go back to welding the reinforcing plate on.

Sean

/ Broken Mount For LA724 #77  
Glad Kubota is helping out! I see a redesign coming to a dealer near u!

/ Broken Mount For LA724 #78  
Outstanding ! :thumbsup:

/ Broken Mount For LA724 #79  
MHarryE-
Thanks for that information!

Kcender-

7/8" it is, then. I am kind of surprised at Kubota and I really think someone should lose their employee of the week parking space, or at least give their mug back. I'll be dining on Blacksbird Pie tonight.

I'm fully in agreement with you about not liking a casting for this application. To be frank, I only use a casting where a weldment or hog out is highly impractical or very expensive - shapes like an engine block or pump housing. As others have stated, this looks like a perfect shape for a weldment of bent up plates and maybe some milled forgings/bar stock for the loader arm attachment points. I think your fix looks like it should work very well and be much stronger than what you started with, new. It wouldn't surprise me if you get some requests to make a few sets up for others on this forum. Please show us the finished weldments as I always appreciate seeing a job well done in it's completed form and you certainly know what you are doing. Maybe someone at Kubota will feel appropriately shamed after studying your solution. Shame is powerful stuff.

-Jim

Well Case would disagree with you. There are parts on my 580K that are cast and even have the words "do not weld" cast into them. Things like the front axle and the backhoe boom are ductile iron.

/ Broken Mount For LA724 #80  
Glad to hear about Kubota replacing them. My personal opinion is I would lift the bucket before moving the tractor in the future. Just making the brackets stronger will just transfer the stress somewhere else. If these brackets braking was something that was happening across the country and was a known problem then I would think differently.