Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default my bx-24 is running hot..

the fluids look fine and the radiator fan is turnig good.. is it the thermostat? Is so, can this d-level mechanic, with no special tools, fix it! What do you guys think..
    thanks..
    rory

Veteran Member

Default Re: my bx-24 is running hot..

define hot

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Before you start wrenching on your tractor, take a close look at the radiator fins and your air filter. Remove your battery and look behind there to make sure the front of your radiator is clean. Also pull out the screen that is between the engine and dash to ensure it's clean.
    BX24, 60" MMM, Woods HC48 Rotary Cutter, W.R Long Flat Toothbar, 4' Farm Force Box Blade, Leinbach 7200JR PHD w/ 12" & 9" augers, Cosmo XB 3PH spreader, Pat's Easy Change, Front & Rear Bro-Tek Skid Plates, BXpanded Under Armor/Brush Forks/BH Dolly/Bucket Hooks/Tool Pouch/Work Lights, drag harrow, Larry's Mower Axle Stands, 52" Rachet Rake, Millcreek manure spreader

Silver Member
    Southern Manitoba Canada 1068 meters from the US border
    Tractor
    Kubota Bx2350

I have found that all bx's run hot during the summer, mine needs a daily rad washout when I'm mowing, sometime several times a day when it's really warm or dusty.

Putting the rad behind the motor and above the mower was not kubota's most stellar moment, besides which the screen in front of the rad might well stop an errant gum wrapper or the occasional stray cat but the rest just goes straight through and gets stuck in the rad fins.

Changing the thermostat might help but I think that it's mostly just dirt and it don't take much as the radiator is just too small.

i'll break out the power washer late this afternoon..if it will just cool off off enough that i can stand being outside!!

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by howardx View Post
    i'll break out the power washer late this afternoon..if it will just cool off off enough that i can stand being outside!!
    Highly recommend that your very careful with a power washer. There have been a few stories here on TBN where the digital RPM/hour meter display has stopped working after a power washer bath. Also a recent thread where a power washer disconnected a safety switch that caused all kinds of issues until he found it.

Personally, I use a long wand with my air compressor from the engine side to get most of the junk out and then take a garden hose with nozzle to get the rest out.
    BX24, 60" MMM, Woods HC48 Rotary Cutter, W.R Long Flat Toothbar, 4' Farm Force Box Blade, Leinbach 7200JR PHD w/ 12" & 9" augers, Cosmo XB 3PH spreader, Pat's Easy Change, Front & Rear Bro-Tek Skid Plates, BXpanded Under Armor/Brush Forks/BH Dolly/Bucket Hooks/Tool Pouch/Work Lights, drag harrow, Larry's Mower Axle Stands, 52" Rachet Rake, Millcreek manure spreader

i swear.this board is soo much better than calling my dealer!! thanks guys..

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

Point of reference. My 3-month old BX2660, when mowing in 100 degree weather, runs with the temp gauge pointing far toward the hot end of the white "normal" range. I keep the radiator and screen clean. My dealer says it's normal, and it hasn't caused me any problems. But, if that were the gauge on my F150, I'd be nervous.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

When I brush hog I get clouds of pulverized debris that goes right through the cowling and the screen and plugs up the radiator itself. I have to stop every 20-30 minutes and use a shop vac to clean both screens and the face of the radiator. I use the skinny nozzle wand and have to carefully get behind the battery and all the other cables to clean every square inch. Some people use an air compressor to blow it out from the engine side.

If the engine is hot, I wouldn't dream of spraying water, not worth the risk of a cracked block.

Veteran Member

today it was 91F and my Bx24 higher then normal..Running RMi-25 in coolant, Amsoil's best diesel oil with LC20 and Amsoil best gear fluid in MMM...It is normal in high temps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast