3-Point Hitch 60" finish mower

/ 60" finish mower #1  

retired2007

Tractor
kubota bx2230
hi i have a bx2230 have a rottery mower (400#) would like to get a 60" finish mower (610#) can this work ? if so will i have to get extra wieghts . i dont have far to take the finish mower to field so it wont have to be lifted much.

/ 60" finish mower #2  
A 60" is toward the limits of your BX. I temporarily had a 60" that I was merely horse trading on. Unless the grass is a lawn type quality. Anyhow, I got a 48" and I believe it perfectly suited for the BX. I liked it so much, I kept it and use it with my small B2320. It is also a nice match for it, although a 60" would work on it, except for the loss of tight spot handling.

I'm sure there are lots of guys who will tell you the 60" is just fine with their BX, but having run them both, the 48" wins hands down for many reasons, in my book.

/ 60" finish mower #3  
That's a lot of weight for a BX! I think you will definitely need weights on the front-my 60" finish mower weighs 500,bs and I can tell it is behind when I point the nose of tractor uphill (B2620). You are probably close to the limit on power with your BX as well.

Will

/ 60" finish mower
thanks, its good to have some one who has tried this .

/ 60" finish mower #5  
I run a 60" finish mower on the back of my 16 hp B7100. I would think your BX would take a 60" with no problem. I do have a front end loader to counter balance the weight.

/ 60" finish mower #7  
I'll qualify my previous statement-my brother ran a 60" finish mower behind a 16hp Massey Ferguson. It worked fine for him, but he is the type of person that mows his lawn often. A few times when he got behind on mowing, he had to drop down a gear to mow.

I have a Woods Heritage 54" bush hog, and am happy with it.

Will

/ 60" finish mower #8  
I have a B2620, and a 60 inch Land Pride. That is the limit for the B2#20 series, as far as I am concerned. If it is dry and conditions are nice, it will handle it nice. Any funny business, and it will let you know it is there real quick. Seeing how the BX is lighter, I would imagine you would definitely need weights. It would also stick out more. I would not use one with your FEL attached. It's bad enough having the mower or the FEL sticking out on their own. Having them both on there makes it unwieldy.