B2620 fan belt strikes radiator hose

/ B2620 fan belt strikes radiator hose #21  
I think its fair to say that if you have a HO alternator that they should give you the shorter belt. I checked my B2320 with factory alternator lower output and my adjustment bolt is in the mid adjustment range. I would like to upgrade to the higher output alternator but not until I get a part number for the shorter belt.

thanks for the detailed pics... I will inspect further on mine.

/ B2620 fan belt strikes radiator hose #22  
I checked my B2620 with stock generator its close a maybe a bit more then 1/8 of a inch a larger 3rd party oil filter may force the hose into the belt. so looks like I am going to have stock up on a few Kubota filters .

/ B2620 fan belt strikes radiator hose #23  
I don't have a Kubota part number in front of me, but the Bando number is FM37.6. This is a belt length that is made specifically for Kubota by Bando. This series of belts only has whole number, i.e. 36,37,38. The Bando part number of the belt I used is RPF370. The .6 differance made all differance in how it fits on the machine.

/ B2620 fan belt strikes radiator hose #24  
Thanks for that info farmall

/ B2620 fan belt strikes radiator hose #25  
Thinking of upgrading my alternator to a 40amp as well...

Here is what I have researched go to denso heavy duty site Find My DENSO Part (Heavy Duty Product Search)

go to find my part. the alternator recomened for the D1005 motor is a 30 amp unit not a 40. granted this was for a older version of the D1005.
:confused: so I look at the part number of the unit that was in this thread and it shows it is a 40amp.
I know kubota has the option of the 40 amp but going by the Denso site says can also use a 30amp.

I think I will still go with a 40 amp and run a short belt.

Hope this helps some of you.

/ B2620 fan belt strikes radiator hose #28  
Wanted to update everyone on the modification I made to my B2320 that has the 40 amp alternator. The issue with the belt hitting the lower radiator hose seams to be resolved by the shorter belt. I am still working with my dealer for some resolve on the issue. Everytime I talk to them they say that they or Kubota will make it right with me, but they have yet to call me or say what they are going to do. I am going to see them next weekend when I pickup parts for my 200 hour service. I will update then as to what they do to resolve the situation.

/ B2620 fan belt strikes radiator hose #29  
i just put 40 amp alt kit on my b2920 last weekend and notice the belt was realy close to lower rad hose but when i adjusted belt tension it was ok, I better keep and eye on belt tension otherwise it will cut lower rad hose (there was a new belt in the kit) I will check out the number (not sure if its the same as your b2320 )

/ B2620 fan belt strikes radiator hose #30  
Wanted to update everyone on this post. The shorter belt that I sourced is still providing proper clearance with the lower radiator hose. After getting no response from Kubota, my dealer finally made good on this and issued me a credit for the parts and even my labor to resolve this issue on my own.