Mowing Mmm quick disconnect not so quick

/ Mmm quick disconnect not so quick #31  
Couldn't a hydraulic line burst, or valve fail, and allow the tractor to come back down and crush you? (Knock on wood three times).
If I were doing this, I would throw a couple of jack stands under the tractor, to prevent it from crushing me, in the event that such a RARE, but potentially DISASTROUS, failure, did occur.

You are correct. When I use the loader to lift the B7500 and install the deck, I do not put myself under the tractor when it is lifted by the hydraulics. All it takes is one burst line, or someone bumping the loader valce.

Aaron Z

/ Mmm quick disconnect not so quick
SrChf:

I don't even own a Kubota yet, and my only experience with "belly mowers" is on garden and lawn tractors.

However, unless someone here with REAL knowledge can correct me, one part of your post concerns me, from a safety-standpoint:

Couldn't a hydraulic line burst, or valve fail, and allow the tractor to come back down and crush you? (Knock on wood three times).

If I were doing this, I would throw a couple of jack stands under the tractor, to prevent it from crushing me, in the event that such a RARE, but potentially DISASTROUS, failure, did occur.

I should add I am not a self-appointed member of the "safety police" and in NO way was this intended to be offensive, or critical. As I say, perhaps more knowledgeable members will tell me I'm all wet, and such a failure is impossible.

I just felt the need to speak, for your potential safety.

Sincerely,

My Hoe

Being a brand new unit, a burst hydro line never occurred to me. But now that you mention it, that could really happen so I appreciate you pointing that out!

/ Mmm quick disconnect not so quick #33  
I have a question. What do you all mean when you say "collar in the locked position?". Can you lock it "open" so you can slide it over the PTO with out having to continually squeeze it? Thanks
That's how it works on the RC72-27B MMM on my B2910 .... collar is slid back and "locked" open (retracted) to facilitate attaching the PTO shaft.

Once the driveshaft is slid on, the collar releases and extends ... and locks onto the mid-PTO output shaft.

One of the things I enjoy the least is installing the MMM on the tractor (... it ranks right up there with installing the backhoe, which I did yesterday :D) It has gotten somewhat easier since I started using the drive-over deck feature, rather than using the loader to raise the tractor and sliding the deck under.

Even so, with a 72" deck, there definitely is still some "reaching under" involved .... and it seems the (usually greasy) left rear gauge wheel assembly is in just the correct spot to leave a few gobs of grease on whatever shirt I have on, or my bare gut.

I've found that in terms of getting things lined up and the shaft on, it better for me to install the MMM and then raise it - it just seems like it's easier if the driveline angles are less acute.

/ Mmm quick disconnect not so quick #34  
In case anyone is interested, here is the link to a video of a guy who has a method that works for him in putting his MMM on.
MMM Install

Paul

/ Mmm quick disconnect not so quick #35  
Listening to folks, and watching some of the install videos, I wonder if it might be just as easy to remove the back tire with an impact wrench to install the pto shaft?

/ Mmm quick disconnect not so quick #36  
In case anyone is interested, here is the link to a video of a guy who has a method that works for him in putting his MMM on.
MMM Install

Paul

That's a great video; I connect the PTO first, THEN the side links, THEN the front link. Laying across the deck to better access the PTO was what really cut down on the amount of time it takes me to install my 54" deck.

Thanks for posting this link.