GrandL Buyback

/ GrandL Buyback #1  

Rockgod

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD X380 Accel 48" Deep Deck
Well, after about 4 different 3rd function valves and 2 new tractors we finally gave up. Without going into a long explanationon on what happend I 'll just say Kubota and me have parted ways. The dealer has already made good returning my down payment and all other funds. Now I'm waiting on Kubota to return the payments I made.

It's all kinda sad but I'm not bitter, I guess it' just one of those things. I also wanna say that the dealer has been great through out all this and I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat...

The search is on for a replacement and I do believe I have it narrowed down. :thumbsup:

/ GrandL Buyback #2  
No details??? What?!? Let's have 'em!

/ GrandL Buyback #3  
Whats up with the 3rd function valve? I want to add one to mine in a years or so. What happened?

/ GrandL Buyback
No details??? What?!? Let's have 'em!

I know, I'm a little leary because I don't wanna come off as bad mouthing Kubota. I really liked the tractor and everything performed flawlessly, except the 3rd function (factory) valve.

Nobody and I mean nobody could get it to stop sticking. It would basically stick (grapple) on full open/close. When I mean stick, it would go into relief and stay there. The pump/valve would continue to cycle until either the button on the joystick was hit or the joystick up/down or curl/dump was hit.

This is of great concern because while your working away with the rpms up you can't tell if its stuck or not. It didn't stick every single time. Each valve they put on reacted different at different rpms.

/ GrandL Buyback #5  
I know, I'm a little leary because I don't wanna come off as bad mouthing Kubota. I really liked the tractor and everything performed flawlessly, except the 3rd function (factory) valve.

Nobody and I mean nobody could get it to stop sticking. It would basically stick (grapple) on full open/close. When I mean stick, it would go into relief and stay there. The pump/valve would continue to cycle until either the button on the joystick was hit or the joystick up/down or curl/dump was hit.

This is of great concern because while your working away with the rpms up you can't tell if its stuck or not. It didn't stick every single time. Each valve they put on reacted different at different rpms.

So...this is a problem with all Kubota's which is forcing you to go away from the brand:confused2:
:confused2:I am confused:confused2:

/ GrandL Buyback
So...this is a problem with all Kubota's which is forcing you to go away from the brand:confused2:
:confused2:I am confused:confused2:

Are you suggesting an M series? Those are a little large for my needs.

I've already had 2 L4240's and it's not the tractor IMO. The 3rd function valve would be the same i believe for any of the bigger L's w/854 loader.

My hands are tied what do you suggest?

/ GrandL Buyback #7  

I've already had 2 L4240's and it's not the tractor IMO. The 3rd function valve would be the same i believe for any of the bigger L's w/854 loader.

Aftermarket valve?

/ GrandL Buyback #8  

My 3940 is about 5 years old never an issue with the 3rd function. I only use it in the winter months as it runs the chute flipper on the blower.

Makes me wonder if they have it installed properly

/ GrandL Buyback
My 3940 is about 5 years old never an issue with the 3rd function. I only use it in the winter months as it runs the chute flipper on the blower.

Makes me wonder if they have it installed properly

They all worked fine for about a day or so.

/ GrandL Buyback
Aftermarket valve?

That might be an option for some, they are cheaper.

If the tractor was 4-5 years old and out of warrenty I might have considered aftermarket, but not brand new with a factor option, option.