The new Grand L 5740 is home!

/ The new Grand L 5740 is home! #22  
Glad to see you got it home. As expected it looks great. Are you going to give us a hint of what some of the mods are going to be. Can't wait to see what you do to it.
Bill

/ The new Grand L 5740 is home! #23  
Glad to see you got it home. As expected it looks great. Are you going to give us a hint of what some of the mods are going to be. Can't wait to see what you do to it.
Bill

Well, he is gonna put everything in it that his smaller hp Kubota had and more. :D:p:cool:

/ The new Grand L 5740 is home! #24  
I dunno, this thing is starting to look like sonething from Too Fast Too Furious Tractor Edition LOL. :laughing:

/ The new Grand L 5740 is home!
Bill

Well Bill I've learned the last few days that the only thing these machines have in common is the name Kubota. The 3pt hitch is bigger and longer, the transmission is different. The new tractor is longer and higher, actually a lot higher. Because the tractor is longer I may have to design and fabricate a new custom storage box up front or rework the one I built for the 4240.
Either way I'll get'er done.

The reverse alarm set up is different so that has to be redesigned but that's just another knot in the rope. As for complete changes. Well an exhaust stack will be designed and added to the machine. I plan on doing this with out any major mods to the tractor itself. For example: Don't want to cut a hole in the hood for the stack. If I do then I cant open the hood :( I plan on using existing bolt holes and patterns to attach the system as well.

My rain sensing windshield wiper system will need some tweaking as well but I know the issues there and should work them out with out to much research.

The Sony Xplod and Infinity speakers are all installed as well as the new Mini Justice light and I had to modify the light bar I fabricated for the old strobe light to make that work.

I've also completed a cool change to the snow blower (well I think it's cool) but I'll show that later on. There are other items I'm doing but there in the development stages at this point. Well you asked :laughing:

This is the box that I either forget about or modify or just build a new one due to it not fitting the new machine.

Fabrication Project #2 - a set on Flickr

YouTube - ‪Thinking Outside Of the Box (Kubota)‬‏

I dunno, this thing is starting to look like sonething from Too Fast Too Furious Tractor Edition LOL. :laughing:

You very well could be right but I liked the original movie so I'll consider that a compliment :confused:

Well, he is gonna put everything in it that his smaller hp Kubota had and more. :D:p:cool:

You should be my publicist. That really summed it up. Thanks :thumbsup:

/ The new Grand L 5740 is home! #26  
Well an exhaust stack will be designed and added to the machine. I plan on doing this with out any major mods to the tractor itself

This is one I am particularly interested in. Any incites now or do we have to wait and see:laughing::licking:

This is one I am particularly interested in. Any incites now or do we have to wait and see:laughing::licking:

See if I go a give you any clues I'll spoil the surprise and then everyone will be mad with me :D. I have the mod done on the snow blower so the exhaust mod isn't that far away now. I have some electronics to install in the cab then I'll do the exhaust. As they say on TV. Stay tuned :laughing:

/ The new Grand L 5740 is home! #28  
See if I go a give you any clues I'll spoil the surprise and then everyone will be mad with me :D. I have the mod done on the snow blower so the exhaust mod isn't that far away now. I have some electronics to install in the cab then I'll do the exhaust. As they say on TV. Stay tuned :laughing:

:p:p:p:laughing::D

/ The new Grand L 5740 is home! #29  

Just crackin a joke... But if you get any ideas to blow blue flames out of your new exhaust then i'll wonder :p. I was curious what you did with the tractor when its not moving snow? I was curious if you ever considered turfs due to the fact it seems alot of your plowing is on asphalt... Maybe a smoother ride? Either way I'm jealous of your 57hp turbo! Id have loved one just to listen to it, but my 3540 is overkill enough for 4 hilly acres! I miss listening to the 90 horse nh c190 I use to have, that thing was a beast!

Just crackin a joke... But if you get any ideas to blow blue flames out of your new exhaust then i'll wonder :p. I was curious what you did with the tractor when its not moving snow? I was curious if you ever considered turfs due to the fact it seems alot of your plowing is on asphalt... Maybe a smoother ride? Either way I'm jealous of your 57hp turbo! Id have loved one just to listen to it, but my 3540 is overkill enough for 4 hilly acres! I miss listening to the 90 horse nh c190 I use to have, that thing was a beast!

Oh man I know your only joking. Besides I have a thick hide so it's hard to hurt my feelings :D You should be able to tell I have a sense of humor by my tractors name "Kioti Killer II" :laughing:

As for the tractor. It's only used for snow clearing and that's it. It is parked most of the year but when we get snow we get plenty of it. Last winter we got 90% of all our years snow in 5 weeks. Never considered turfs because there lack of "Bite" in the deep snow and I can't use chains due to the damage they would do to the paved surface I plow on.

Like you I always liked the 5740 and thought about getting one some day. I owned the 4240 and it would be three years old in August and has been an exceptional tractor but all the stars lined up. All the ducks were in a row and luck was on my side when my friends at the dealer quoted me on the 5740 so I went for it. My 4240 never even hit the market when it was gobbled up by a friend of mine. He got it paid for, didn't even come to view it and it's still here but I'll drive it to his house this week. I did wash and wax it then fuel it up so it's ready to go.

All those 40 series tractors are great and really reliable. I bet your really enjoying yours :thumbsup: I wouldn't know what to do with 90 HP. :confused2: :)

Video of the 4240 plowing. Camera mounted outside the cab.
YouTube - ‪Plowing snow with the Drift.wmv‬‏