Mounting bracket for L.E.D mini light bar

/ Mounting bracket for L.E.D mini light bar #1  

JOHNINMA

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B5200, L3540
I recently acquired a mini light bar that is designed to mount with suction cups and plug into a cigarette lighter for power. My tractor is a L3540 cab tractor and as most of you know the plastic roofs on them are pretty light weight. I was wondering if anyone out there has made any type of steel mounting plate to support something like this over the roof, but without actually attaching to any plastic parts of the roof itself. Any ideas or photos of mounting methods for something like this would be appreciated. Also I plan to leave the bracket on the tractor permanently, but will only have the light bar on during the winter.

/ Mounting bracket for L.E.D mini light bar #2  
Do a search for member 4Shorts or IM him as he did a light mount for his cab L40. I believe he tied into existing mounts for the work lights as I recall.

/ Mounting bracket for L.E.D mini light bar
Thankyou Amigauser for the reply. I will try to contact 4Shorts. I was thinking along the same lines of possibly making a bracket to tie into the existing light brackets already on the cab, as the light bar only weighs about nine pounds.

I checked out 4Shorts light bracket and it is exactly what I need for my mini L.E.D. light bar project. I just need to pickup some stock and I can get started. Thankyou everybody for the help.

/ Mounting bracket for L.E.D mini light bar #6  
Here's the updated version of that thread. Just did a change over of tractors and updated the light-bar mount and light.

li1.jpg

li2.jpg

li3.jpg

li4.jpg

li5.jpg

Thankyou for the updated pics 4shorts. That mount looks really nice and could easily pass for genuine Kubota equipment. I think when I get around to making my mount I may also add some small brackets on each outside near the original light brackets to add some additional spot lights pointing down towards the ground on the left and right sides of the tractor. The reason for the added side lights is that last winter in the dark I could not see my rear tires in my side view mirrors and it made me nervous not knowing how close they were to cars etc. when snowblowing. Thanks again, you have given me a good direction to head in with this project

/ Mounting bracket for L.E.D mini light bar #8  
Thankyou for the updated pics 4shorts. That mount looks really nice and could easily pass for genuine Kubota equipment. I think when I get around to making my mount I may also add some small brackets on each outside near the original light brackets to add some additional spot lights pointing down towards the ground on the left and right sides of the tractor. The reason for the added side lights is that last winter in the dark I could not see my rear tires in my side view mirrors and it made me nervous not knowing how close they were to cars etc. when snowblowing. Thanks again, you have given me a good direction to head in with this project

Your more than welcome. Glad I could help. Nice idea on the rear lights. I'm just finishing up another mod to the new tractor and used these LED lights. Might be something you could use. 1.2 Amp draw is just what the doctor ordered :thumbsup:

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

I think we are both thinking the same 4shorts. I have a whole bunch of L.E.D. lights I bought for use on a truck/trailer combination I have been working on and I was already thinking about taking 2 L.E.D. auxillary lights from that project for use on this one.:thumbsup:

/ Mounting bracket for L.E.D mini light bar #10  
Here's the updated version of that thread. Just did a change over of tractors and updated the light-bar mount and light.

li1.jpg

li2.jpg

li3.jpg

li4.jpg

li5.jpg

Very nice! Can't wait to see it in action...:thumbsup: