Loader Advice

/ Loader Advice #1  

WoodnSteel

Tractor
Currently Shopping
I am new to the website but like many of you visit it daily. Am considering buying a 7500 or 7800. But...need advice on operation and functioning of loaders.

Is there any differences, better or worse, between a Woods loader vs. Kubota loaders?

I noticed the woods lifts higher and capacities differ a little. But has anyone had any problems with the woods? Sure could use some expert advice from those of you with tractor experience. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Loader Advice #2  
HI,

When I bought my B2910 last year I made a conscious decision to go with both the Kubota loader and backhoe.

I was just certain that if I had any problems later, this way there would be no finger pointing...all the same manufacturer's product, something breaks...well, you sized it, you sold it, you fix it!

I am sure the Woods stuff works just fine and may even be better. But my comfort level was with keeping it all the same name since it was new I was buying.

One point of view, I guess...

/ Loader Advice #3  
I don’t think you will find much difference in the operation of a <font color="orange">Kubota</font> or Woods FEL. I have a <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> on my 2910. The best part about it is the ease to take off and put back on tractor. It only takes about 5 minutes to take off or put back on if FEL in on level ground. This is the one feature that I would want do see demonstrated on the Woods unit. If you don’t plan on removing the FEL then this would not make a difference.

/ Loader Advice #4  
Hi,

I've got a Kubota LA402 loader with 60" bucket on my B2910 and a Woods 7500 subframe mount backhoe on the tractor.

The Woods loaders, quality wise, are probably fine. My Kubota dealer is also a Woods dealer and he recommended the Kubota loader and Woods backhoe. (The Woods backhoe was a sub-frame mount, and since I wasn't using a mid-mount mower, he felt the sub-frame mount was better.) Like "Henro" said, buying from the same mfg. helps to eliminate finger pointing, in case of a problem. Of course, they can still always point the finger at you! Anyway, I felt a bit more secure buying the whole package from the same dealer and it was HIS recommended package.

Remember that the higher the loader lifts, the more unstable the tractor may become. I think O.E.M.'s sometimes use lower limits to build in a larger safety margin. Probably not a big deal if you're careful, but something to be aware of.

One other thing, when I bought my tractor, I used Kubota Credit to finance. I was able to finance even with the Woods hoe. When I asked the dealer about that, he said that as long as XX% (I forgot the number, think it was 70-80) of the total purchase is Kubota equipment, they will finance the deal. It's possible that in my case, a Woods loader and BH would have exceeded this limit. (I guess I could've always bought those separately, but I didn't wish to commit that much cash at the time.)

One good thing, Woods will paint their loaders, backhoes and snowblowers in the standard O.E.M. colors, including Kubota orange.

The Woods loader might also be more readily adaptable to a "quick-attach" buckey mount, which could also be a plus for future use.

O.K., I've babbled long enough.

Good Luck,

~Rick

/ Loader Advice #5  
There is a lot of wisdom in that argument if you're matching up an expensive gizmo like a loader to your tractor. If it was a pull behind attachment like a brush hog or something I'd go whatever worked good and fit the budget.

/ Loader Advice #6  
There is a lot of wisdom in that argument if you're matching up an expensive gizmo like a loader to your tractor. If it was a pull behind attachment like a brush hog or something I'd go whatever worked good and fit the budget.

/ Loader Advice
Thanks everyone for the advice. I think you have convinced me regarding matching the loader to the tractor. Esp for warrenty purposes.

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Loader Advice #8  
I have a Woods 1006 FEL on my B7500 and have zero complaints after 180+ hours. It's done everything I have asked it to do.

/ Loader Advice #9  
I was told by the dealer that resale would be slightly higher by matching my Kubota L3710 with a Kubota loader. Whether that's true probably won't be tested by me because I plan on keeping mine for a loooong time but it's something to think about. My uncle has a BushHog brand loader on his Kubota M series tractor and is very happy with it. I'm sure the Woods FEL is also a fine loader. My opinion is that it depends on budget and personal preference.