BX22 - 50 Hour Service Oil Filter Question

/ BX22 - 50 Hour Service Oil Filter Question #1  

nitronut1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX22 TLB
Wanted to do my 50 hour service today since its raining (and not snowing here for once)....

During my pre-work parts check I found I have the correct oils and the correct hydro filter. My question is about the engine oil filter...

The one the dealer gave me is P/N: 70000-15241.

The one I see in the parts list is P/N: 15241-32090.

Of course the dealer is closed today....

The new one in the box is white, the one on the tractor is grey (I assume they paint the entire engine at the factory...)

Has anyone done the service and run into this? Maybe the part numbers are updated and I have the correct filter? Or maybe I don't? Darn! I really wanted to get this done today...thanks

Gregg

/ BX22 - 50 Hour Service Oil Filter Question #2  
I did my 50 just a few weeks ago and the 70000=15241 was the one they gave me. and your part number has the same number in it. so I believe you are safe. good luck /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ BX22 - 50 Hour Service Oil Filter Question #3  
nitronut1:

I was told by my dealer that the difference is the origonal is a Japanese supplied part, while the "white" one is of US origin.

paul

/ BX22 - 50 Hour Service Oil Filter Question #4  
One is probably made by wix and painted with kubota numbers. the other is probably made by sushi brothers filters in japan. (hypo)

take your number and go to wix's fliters site and cross it . the filters are about 5 or 6 bucks in auto parts store. even o riellys had them.

mine had finger grooves on the one from the factory and the other from the dealer didnt. not the same. sushi brothers likes finger grooves. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX22 - 50 Hour Service Oil Filter Question #6  
My white replacement oil filter was made in Mexico.

/ BX22 - 50 Hour Service Oil Filter Question
Hey guys - thanks for all the replies about the oil filter. Will do it tomorrow as it just kept pouring here (despite the Weather Channel forecast).

That's the best part about this forum. Not only do you get an answer to your question, but in many cases you also get alternatives including sources, prices, etc. - in most cases things I never would have thought of. The amount of time the "collective experience" saves you is invaluable!

Gregg

/ BX22 - 50 Hour Service Oil Filter Question #9  
I just went to the dealer yesterday to get the filters and everything I needed to do the 50 hour service on my b7500. I figured it was going to cost me around 100 bucks. The only thing he would sell me was the oil filter. He said that every time they change the hydraulic fluid at 50 hours it comes out clean as whistle. He told me to wait till 100 hours to change the hyddraulic fluid. I asked him about voiding the warranty if the reccomended service wasn't done at the scheduled intervals and he said no problem since he would be the one doing the warranty work if there was a problem. I walked out tof there spending only five bucks.

/ BX22 - 50 Hour Service Oil Filter Question #10  
On the wix website they give dealers . just put in your zip and it'll tell you.