Snow warmer for BX1500

/ warmer for BX1500 #1  

dusty74

Tractor
BX1500
I own a BX1500 and up until this summer it has always been garage kept. I have now ran out of garage space so now the BX has to set outside covered with a tarp. Winter is a ways away but how do I keep the BX warm in the winter months so it is not so hard to start when I need it to shovel snow?

Any Ideas?

/ warmer for BX1500
Engine block heater, but you'll need access to electric.

Thank Electric is not the issue. did not know what it was called I have order a Magnetic engine block heater thanks for your help

/ warmer for BX1500 #4  
Block heater. It will screw in. A little dab of thread sealant or teflon tape, screw it in the hole reasonably snug and it will be great. Plug it in for an hour and it will fire up like summer. Plug it in for four hours and it will show on the temperature gauge.

/ warmer for BX1500 #5  
Thank Electric is not the issue. did not know what it was called I have order a Magnetic engine block heater thanks for your help

I expect you will be disappointed in the magnetic heater. Much better to get the one for your engine from the dealer. The mag heaters are better than nothing but only a little.

/ warmer for BX1500 #6  
I looked at your profile to see where you live but it doesn't say. If you have to ask what one of those engine warmer thingies (technical term;)) is then I have to wonder if you really need one?

/ warmer for BX1500 #7  
I own a BX1500 and up until this summer it has always been garage kept. I have now ran out of garage space so now the BX has to set outside covered with a tarp. Winter is a ways away but how do I keep the BX warm in the winter months so it is not so hard to start when I need it to shovel snow?

Any Ideas?
You must have real cold weather. Our BX1500 starts fine at 0F. The trick is to let the glow plugs cycle a couple times and hit the starter immediately after the last click before the gps cool. Starts instantly. I use 5w40 Rotella.
larry

/ warmer for BX1500
No here in VA the BX starts just fine, but it is in the garage, now there is a nother new toy in the garage and the BX is setting out side covered up. So I do not want to have issues this winter. Plus I am also going to mi=ove to Colorado so I might as well prepare my self.

/ warmer for BX1500 #9  
Invest your money in a 175,000 BTU kerosene fired salamander heater,
you will need it in Colorado and it will warm up the entire
tractor(s) quicker than a block heater.

/ warmer for BX1500 #10  
uh - no magnetic heaters is NOT same as the block heaters made for the engine block. Magnetic heater goes on oil pan and warms oil only. block heaters warms coolant of engine that warms WHOLE engine. I am in NYS and dont use block heater. you mentioned you are in VA so you are safe there. If you transport your BX to colorado, chances are you should be getting a block heater for it.

Only thing I do to prepare for winter is use additive to fuel to prevent gelling . :thumbsup: