Loader BX-24 loader hates me

/ BX-24 loader hates me #11  
I have yet to get my FEL to play nice and park well on my very uneven ground.

This is what it did to me today :(

I know it's not suppose to look like that, but that's what it took to shake the booger FEL off of the front of the tractor...

Looks like you need to work on your technique a bit, that bucket need to be flat on the ground when it is off the tractor

/ BX-24 loader hates me #12  
I once moved the FEL a foot or two by hand to get it aligned to put it back on (it was in the garage)...:confused2:

/ BX-24 loader hates me #13  
I'm with you. I always remove the bucket on level concrete in the same place in my garage, and it's an absolute crap shoot whether or not it will take 2 minutes or ten or twenty, though most of my problems come when I'm putting it back on. Actually, the easiest time I ever had was the first time...since then, it's hit or miss. I've been using the bucket a lot so it comes on/off once a week when I mow, and I'm starting to dread it. Taking it off, sometimes it doesn't want to slip off the pins (not the pins that slide out, the welded pins on the bracket on the tractor)...sometimes, in my manoevering, the hydraulic cylinders end up pushed out to different lengths when trying to put it back on, which becomes a very tricky situation. The time before last, I couldn't get it to slip back into place and the cylinders ended up all the way extended before finally I simply picked up the arms and dropped them into place by hand into the brackets. After that, it was a cinch, but overall the process took 20 minutes. The next week...1 minute, fell into place on the first try. Go figure.

So maybe part of it's technique and practice (though I've had it on and off at least ten times now), but some of it may be the mounts on the tractor, if they're slightly off. I would like to ask, referring to the technique described in kubotamanjh's post, you say you drop the bucket down level, raise the tractor, pull the pins, lower the tractor, then tilt the bucket? Following one of the online videos I saw, I've been tilting the bucket, then dropping it down to raise the tractor while tilted, removing the pins, then uncurling the bucket to land it on the stand and pull it off the tractor. A slight difference in techniques but maybe I'll try raising the tractor with a level bucket?

One piece of advice...one day when I was having a problem (I forget if I was taking it on or off), I realized that I had the tractor idling at too low of an rpm. I'd been trying to manoever the bucket controls and couldn't get the bucket to move far enough (I forget if I was curling or dropping the bucket). When I jacked up the rpms the hydraulics kicked in and I realized I simply hadn't had enought power to push the tractor / bucket where I needed it to be. After that, it was easy. Until the next time...

Good luck. I don't care what anyone says, it's not always as easy as it looks.

/ BX-24 loader hates me #14  
Al's just jerking our collective chains. :laughing::laughing: He's quite competent with that machine and I'll wager he knows exactly how to take the loader on/off!:thumbsup:

/ BX-24 loader hates me #15  
I'm with you. I always remove the bucket on level concrete in the same place in my garage, and it's an absolute crap shoot whether or not it will take 2 minutes or ten or twenty, though most of my problems come when I'm putting it back on. Actually, the easiest time I ever had was the first time...since then, it's hit or miss. I've been using the bucket a lot so it comes on/off once a week when I mow, and I'm starting to dread it. Taking it off, sometimes it doesn't want to slip off the pins (not the pins that slide out, the welded pins on the bracket on the tractor)...sometimes, in my manoevering, the hydraulic cylinders end up pushed out to different lengths when trying to put it back on, which becomes a very tricky situation.
I've been tilting the bucket, then dropping it down to raise the tractor while tilted, removing the pins, then uncurling the bucket to land it on the stand and pull it off the tractor. A slight difference in techniques but maybe I'll try raising the tractor with a level bucket?

Good luck. I don't care what anyone says, it's not always as easy as it looks.

You need to watch the angle of the mounts when you hook up. Works best to push the tractor into the loader, this keeps it all in alignment.

Then when you dump the bucket watch the pins, if the are going to miss just bump the lift slightly to push the arms into the tractor.

I have 2 Kubotas with loaders and neither take more than 2 minutes to install when on concrete and no more that 5 in the dirt.

Between the 2 I probably pull the loaders 20 times a season as I pull them for service and brush hogging.

If in the dirt put a thin piece of wood or steel under the bucket lip and the feet so it slide as needed.