Mowing F2400 mower turning backward

/ F2400 mower turning backward #1  

BASimmo

Tractor
Kubota F2400
I have recently purchased a property that came with a Kubota and have undertaken some minor maintenance - this weekend I took the blades off my 5' deck to hard face and grind and I have noticed that the entire set (3 blades) are running backwards.

The mower is cutting with the bent face forward. This has been confirmed by the local dealer but they do not know why this would occur.

This is an old machine with only 1922hrs on it and the blades and belts may have been replaced 6 years ago. Is there a way that the belt could have been replaced incorrectly to turn the blades backward?

/ F2400 mower turning backward #2  
But which way should the blades be turning to discharge the grass properly? Maybe you just have the wrong blades on it period. My old Simplicity deck was a left hand discharge and needed different blades.

/ F2400 mower turning backward #3  
All mowers I have ever owned cut with the blades rotating clockwise looking from the top down. Blades can be put on upside down. And some blades may be opposite hand.

/ F2400 mower turning backward #4  
The belt can be put on wrong. The way the pullies are, sometimes the belt will fit in more than one way. I've done it. You will either need to look at a twin machine, or locate a belt diagram.

/ F2400 mower turning backward
Thanks all and Wolfy - the PTO turns clockwise from the seat - or anti when standing in front of the mower. I will have a closer look this evening.
The mower is a rear discharge system and the blades are shaped to fit only one way.

/ F2400 mower turning backward #6  
Looks like your tractor pto turns the opposite direction.

/ F2400 mower turning backward #7  
There are different gear boxes for mower decks, It sounds like someone has put the wrong one on that deck for that tractor... OR the wrong deck for that tractor.

PTO's are referred to as CW or CCW when looking at the end of the output shaft, no matter if it is mounted on the front or at the rear... same with the output of a gear box, it is while looking at the end of the shaft... KennyV