Why does the La514 loader lift more than the LA524

/ Why does the La514 loader lift more than the LA524 #1  

jokergerm

Gold Member
I figured that bigger numbers meant more lift power but the LA514 lifts more than the LA524

Also will the LA724 fit on the L3800 or is the LA524 with biggest that will fit

/ Why does the La514 loader lift more than the LA524 #2  
I figured that bigger numbers meant more lift power but the LA514 lifts more than the LA524

Also will the LA724 fit on the L3800 or is the LA524 with biggest that will fit

The 514 will fit the GL tractors which are heavier hence more lift. And no the 724 will only fit the GL tractors

You of course can bump up the pressure and get the same lift as the 514 but you didn't read it here.

/ Why does the La514 loader lift more than the LA524
The 514 will fit the GL tractors which are heavier hence more lift. And no the 724 will only fit the GL tractors

You of course can bump up the pressure and get the same lift as the 514 but you didn't read it here.

I know i didnt read that hear but if i was to hear it somewhere, where would i turn up the pressure

/ Why does the La514 loader lift more than the LA524 #4  
I thought that the LA 524 is the same thing as the LA 463 but that they started to measure, and thus label the loader, based on another measurement. (not sure what that is) Bottom line is that the LA 524 = La 463. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Also, any larger loader and you may have problems with the front axle... I bumped up my pressure to compensate for the grapple and tooth bar but was warned about going over board...

/ Why does the La514 loader lift more than the LA524
I thought that the LA 524 is the same thing as the LA 463 but that they started to measure, and thus label the loader, based on another measurement. (not sure what that is) Bottom line is that the LA 524 = La 463. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Also, any larger loader and you may have problems with the front axle... I bumped up my pressure to compensate for the grapple and tooth bar but was warned about going over board...

where does one turn this up at? it would be nice to have a little more pressure at the backhoe also

/ Why does the La514 loader lift more than the LA524 #6  
Look at the thread in my signature... or actually here, it's the 3rd post... skip to the last line and the last photo...
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...7948-instructions-add-extra-spools-l2800.html

DO NOT just turn it up... get the gauge and know what the pressure is. Blowing a hose is not fun and dangerous... Also, I didn't have to mess with mine too much, I just tighten it down a 1/2 turn (if I remember correctly).

/ Why does the La514 loader lift more than the LA524 #7  
I know i didnt read that hear but if i was to hear it somewhere, where would i turn up the pressure

Your power beyond port is below your right foot under the floor panel. The relief is on the bottom of that. Like has been said get a gauge and check first and then don't go over the rated for the loader you want to match. Be warned that if this is a new tractor that anything related to hydraulics your warranty will be worthless. Personally I would not be afraid by going up 2-300lbs in pressure but I am a gambler.:D

/ Why does the La514 loader lift more than the LA524 #8  

thats correct, the measurement was always at bucket center.. they are moving back to pivot pin as new models are released. The 514 is a much larger loader than the 524 even though the number is bigger.