B2620 won't start... Need some advice

/ B2620 won't start... Need some advice #1  

Botabill

Platinum Member
Today I started my B2620 and moved it to a work area. When I went to restart it I only got the click sound but no spinning starter motor. Checked the usual problems (battery, engaged pto lever) but no. Lights work and all fuses are good. I called up my dealer and he and his mechanic advised me to check out the 2 safety switches under the seat, the safety switch on the PTO engagement lever by completing the circuit with a wire. None of these seemed to be the cause. Anyone on tractorbynet have any suggestion how I can pinpoint the problem? Thanks!

/ B2620 won't start... Need some advice #2  
Try moving the HST pedal. Sometimes it does not center when you park it and it also has a switch. There is a grease fitting that needs to be hit under the deck to keep it lubed.

/ B2620 won't start... Need some advice #3  
I have this problem at least once a month...for me it is almost always the PTO lever...my fat butt sometimes just nudges it, slightly engaging it...I always engage the clutch, move the PTO lever fully forward, then back to the disengage position...always does the trick for me...

/ B2620 won't start... Need some advice #4  
Double check the wires going to your starter. I have seen the little wire with the quick connector get pulled off and cause this problem.

Good luck!

/ B2620 won't start... Need some advice #5  
Always the PTO lever on my machine... Check it first.

/ B2620 won't start... Need some advice
Thanks everyone for your ideas. KU Gator hit the nail on the head. The HST pedal safety switch was the problem. I pulled the wires apart and used a solid wire to complete the circuit and it started like a charm. Then I recentered the switch and 'Krusty' is good as new. I knew I'd get good advice on tractorbynet. Thanks again.

/ B2620 won't start... Need some advice #7  
Glad it helped. I had it happen to me when I was 25 miles from home at our other property. Finally stumbled into getting it going but was near panic trying to figure out how I was going to get it on the trailer. As mentioned, look under the tractor to the pivot point of the two pedals and you will see a place to grease it. I try to remember to hit mine just once in awhile.

My seat switch game me some trouble, but the tractor would start ok, but then when i pushed on the HST pedal it would stall. Would happen a few times then do ok. I think the switch was dirty and got moisture in it. I had the dealer change it under warrenty when I had the tractor in for some other service.