Kubota Crew Pics

/ Kubota Crew Pics #31  
Chuck, I had to pick up a cab filter for our L5030 and my wife spotted a used F Series there, thankfully it was 2WD or we might not of made it out of there; can't afford a new one.

What tractor are you considering?

Larry

I was waiting to see the new JD with the auto connect deck before getting serious about anything. Now I've seen them, but they are pretty expensive. (over 15K for the one I saw with just a loader) That stings a bit for a tractor that size. The Massey's are likewise more money than the Kubota's around here (quoted $13,700 for tractor,(GC2400) and mmm, no loader) I would think about a ZTR, but my land has a lot of short off camber areas. At any rate I am most serious about a JD X7xx or the Kubota BX with me leaning strongly towards the BX. I like the JD materials collection system a lot more, but the deck looks harder to remove, and install with that PTO shaft tucked way in there, and less room around it than the BX. I had thought about mowing with my B2620, but so far I have talked myself out of it every time. Getting off, and on the tractor is difficult for me as it is for you, and crawling under it isn't any better so that makes the choices a bit tougher. An "F" series would have to be 4wd, and though I could write a check for one, my Yankee instincts make that difficult. :D

/ Kubota Crew Pics #32  
I was waiting to see the new JD with the auto connect deck before getting serious about anything. Now I've seen them, but they are pretty expensive. (over 15K for the one I saw with just a loader) That stings a bit for a tractor that size. The Massey's are likewise more money than the Kubota's around here (quoted $13,700 for tractor,(GC2400) and mmm, no loader) I would think about a ZTR, but my land has a lot of short off camber areas. At any rate I am most serious about a JD X7xx or the Kubota BX with me leaning strongly towards the BX. I like the JD materials collection system a lot more, but the deck looks harder to remove, and install with that PTO shaft tucked way in there, and less room around it than the BX. I had thought about mowing with my B2620, but so far I have talked myself out of it every time. Getting off, and on the tractor is difficult for me as it is for you, and crawling under it isn't any better so that makes the choices a bit tougher. An "F" series would have to be 4wd, and though I could write a check for one, my Yankee instincts make that difficult. :D

How much land do you have to mow? We have about 2 1/2 Acres of lawn. I was thinking about a RFM for my MX5100, but there are alot of tight areas. Then we found a deal we couldn't resist on a BX. It was the BX2230, 60" MMM, 4ft Woods Rotary Cutter, and the LA211 FEL. 95 Hours and All for around 10k from a local guy. I love the tractor. Runs great, very powerful, and very reliable. I hardly use the FEL with the LA844 on the MX5100 around. It mostly stays off and sits in the barn. Unless i'm using the rotary cutter i used it as a counter weight. I would suggest the BX to anyone but if you are going to strickly mow, i would suggest the X700 series from deere. IMHOP i think the kubota engines are made better than the Yanmars. With either option you won't go wrong! :thumbsup:

/ Kubota Crew Pics #33  

My Missouri instincts are a lot like Yankee instincts. It is a running joke in my family that I feel sick for several days after buying a car/truck/tractor. In 03 my little truck went toes up after eleven years as did my mower and I had to buy a new truck for work and my first new "tractor" a BX2200; touch and go there for a while.:laughing:

After looking at an F Series in person and realizing how big it is and it wasn't even the F3080, it is clear we will still need a SCUT. Like you, the price on the new JD seems a bit steep. I do like the JD7xx from what I have seen, but never tried one and they cost quite a bit.

After some discussion with my Chief of Grounds Maintenance (wife), we will stick with the combination of BX and GL. As I have mentioned before, we gave very serious consideration to a combination of B and BX as it is so handy to be able to be moving dirt or bush hogging one minute and be able to hop on the mower the next with just a turn of the key.

I went with the GL to keep from shuttling tractors between farms. We have just found it impossible to find a one tractor does it all, especially for folks like us.:eek:

/ Kubota Crew Pics #34  
You have a bit of a crew yourself. :D:p:thumbsup: My lawn tractors do kinda fit this thread, they are orange you know. :D:laughing:;)

/ Kubota Crew Pics #35  
"How much land do you have to mow? We have about 2 1/2 Acres of lawn. "

I have about 3 1/2 acres that I mow every week that is somewhat rough still, and has lots of rocks, and trees, etc to mow around.

Attachments

• Spring 021.jpg
    Spring 021.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 79
  • My Place 026.jpg
    My Place 026.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 100_0260.JPG
    100_0260.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_0257.JPG
    100_0257.JPG