kubota clutch issues

/ kubota clutch issues #1  

pmulligan108

Tractor
kubotal4300
I have a kubota l4300 that had it's first clutch pedal adjustment 6 months ago.
I am now having the same issue with difficult movement in either low or high gears. Could the clutch have been failed so quickly? My tractor has 500 hrs. on it. Also, if the clutch has failed would I be better served at a dealer or by anyone who is experienced with tractor repair? In other words, is a kubota clutch job fairly specific? Thank you

/ kubota clutch issues #2  
......I am now having the same issue with difficult movement in either low or high gears......

What is having difficulty moving? Does the pedal move hard? Do you think the clutch is slipping when the pedal is all the way up?

/ kubota clutch issues
Clutch is slipping. I can't believe it has worn so quickly after adjusting the pedal this winter?

/ kubota clutch issues #4  
It's very unusual for a clutch to give it up after so few hours. Sounds like something is preventing the full clutch clamping pressure from being applied - so it slips and wears too fast. Did you buy the tractor new? Does the pedal feel normal? When you push it does the clutch seem to disengage near the beginning of pedal travel? Has there ever been a different feel to it?

/ kubota clutch issues #5  
It begs to ask if the poster rests his foot on the clutch pedal. That is the one major reason for failure and it's addressed in the owner's manual.

Far as replacement, the tractor has to be split. I'd take it to a Kubota dealer.

There are/is mitigating circumstances for a failed clutch with so few hours.

/ kubota clutch issues #6  
Just to clarify, is it difficult shifting, as if the clutch was dragging?

Sean

/ kubota clutch issues
Thank you for the replies. I had the tractor picked up today by a mechanic. He thought it could be the springs that hold the pressure plate. I spoke with a kubota service mechanic and he asked if there could be any oil leaking on it. No oil visible from underneath . I don't ride the clutch, the pedal feels the same as it ever has. I'll let everyone know what i find out in a few days. Thanks

/ kubota clutch issues #8  
When it's splt, they will know right away.

I like the old Olivers. The engine and clutch housing/transmission were divorced. The engine output shaft had a companion flange that either had a slip collar or in the case of the bigger tractors, a double row pinned chain that drove the clutch and transmission.

It was possible to do a clutch job from the side of the tractor without removing anything.