Mowing Am i missing parts for my BX25 Mower

/ Am i missing parts for my BX25 Mower #1  

Scooby074

Tractor
BX 25, ZD 326
Finally have a dry day and im trying to hook up my mower... But it appears i might be missing parts. Well a single part actually.

I have the rck54p-23bx deck.

I have the front "L-shaped" link, that goes from the deck to the frame of the tractor, but it appears that im missing the lever/bracket that locks this link in place. I assume im supposed to have on on a BX25? Ive seen some deck hook up videos online, but none featured the BX25... just other models in the BX series.

I dont have a manual for the deck and the factory tractor manual is pretty vague, and recommends seeing the deck specific manual. No help there:D

This is a brand new deck, never been installed so i have to level as well... not 100% sure on that either:laughing:

Its a holiday here, so my dealer is closed.. Id like to mow today while i have a break in the weather, so any info would help...

Please see attached picture. The "lever/bracket" in question is inside the yellow circle.

Attachments

• 093.jpg
    093.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
   / Am i missing parts for my BX25 Mower #2  
I am thinking the the pin to lock the ladder shaped bracket is part of the bracket itself.It should be spring loaded if I recall correctly.What part of Nova Scotia are you from?I live near Windsor.

/ Am i missing parts for my BX25 Mower #3  
I just took a few pictures of my BX2360 mower deck.It should be the same as yours.Hope this helps.

Attachments

• P1000250.JPG
    P1000250.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 351
  • P1000251.JPG
    P1000251.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 225
  • P1000252.JPG
    P1000252.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 228
  • P1000253.JPG
    P1000253.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 226
   / Am i missing parts for my BX25 Mower
Thanks very much for the pics.

Looks like im missing a piece. I took the liberty of modifying your pic. The part that the arrow is pointing to is the part im missing.

The lawns going to be some high when i finally get it mowed as my dealer is 100mi away:eek:

Attachments

• P1000253.JPG
    P1000253.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 299
   / Am i missing parts for my BX25 Mower #5  
Although my deck was mounted when the dealer delivered it. I checked it out according to the "Rotary Mower" (code #K5381-7111-2) manual and must have spent about three hours adjusting and leveling it according to the manual. You better get it along with the missing part, especially since the dealer should have provided it to begin with. Best wishes up yonder.

/ Am i missing parts for my BX25 Mower #6  
Thanks very much for the pics.

Looks like im missing a piece. I took the liberty of modifying your pic. The part that the arrow is pointing to is the part im missing.

The lawns going to be some high when i finally get it mowed as my dealer is 100mi away:eek:

We have that pin, so I guess it's missing...

Although my deck was mounted when the dealer delivered it. I checked it out according to the "Rotary Mower" (code #K5381-7111-2) manual and must have spent about three hours adjusting and leveling it according to the manual. You better get it along with the missing part, especially since the dealer should have provided it to begin with. Best wishes up yonder.

Thanks. Since the dealer is closed, i sent my salesman a email requesting both the missing part and the manual as both should have been included.

Only issue is the distance. Its going to be a matter of time before i can get there or they have a sales rep going my way to drop it off.

Why Kubota doesnt have their manuals and parts breakdowns publicly available (like deere for example) is beyond me... and beyond stupid in this age.

I did get a parts manual downloaded from Kubotabooks, but id sooner get it from Kubota's webste over some third party.

Picked up the bracket yesterday, however he didnt have my manual:mad: Im going to post a thread looking for a source of the manual online. Havent had any luck finding it for download on any of the regular sites

/ Am i missing parts for my BX25 Mower #9  
Thanks. Since the dealer is closed, i sent my salesman a email requesting both the missing part and the manual as both should have been included.

Only issue is the distance. Its going to be a matter of time before i can get there or they have a sales rep going my way to drop it off.

Why Kubota doesnt have their manuals and parts breakdowns publicly available (like deere for example) is beyond me... and beyond stupid in this age.

I did get a parts manual downloaded from Kubotabooks, but id sooner get it from Kubota's webste over some third party.

Hopefully you will get the missing part. its shame they didnt include it, but anything is possible.

as for thee parts and manuals online- I agree it should be available directly from kubota. the closest thing to parts diagram is from messicks. you just go to their website and fill out your email address and request whatever diagram you want and bingo! you got a email copy diagram within 24 hrs.

Hopefully you will get the missing part. its shame they didnt include it, but anything is possible.

as for thee parts and manuals online- I agree it should be available directly from kubota. the closest thing to parts diagram is from messicks. you just go to their website and fill out your email address and request whatever diagram you want and bingo! you got a email copy diagram within 24 hrs.

Thanks RM.

Messicks is a godsend. Ive saved several of their breakdowns already. Got the parts and the deck installed, however im having cut issues. Frankly the cut is pretty bad.

The machine has lots of power (which is great) but the deck seems to be lacking suction. Im leaving pieces sticking up all over the place. I THINK it might be a setup issue, not sure though. So far, my old deere x540 was 10x the mower the BX is. Hopefully ill get it squared up and this first cut will be nothing but an anomaly.