3-Point Hitch Long 48" Brush Hog on BX25

/ Long 48" Brush Hog on BX25 #1  

bubbastarr

Tractor
Kubota BX25
Anyone see any problems with this set up. Found a used brushed hog which is affordable but want to make sure it fits and will work well. I have the 3pt hitch already? Any advice is appreciated.

/ Long 48" Brush Hog on BX25 #2  
Anyone see any problems with this set up. Found a used brushed hog which is affordable but want to make sure it fits and will work well. I have the 3pt hitch already? Any advice is appreciated.
From what I see it looks like it will not work at all or will do a fantastic job.

/ Long 48" Brush Hog on BX25 #3  
Your tractor should be 44.5 inches wide and with almost 18 PTO HP, you'd have no problems at all with a 48" brush cutter. Just remember that they cut best when the front of the cutter is a little lower than the back.
I've been running a 48" cutter on my B6100 for years and as long as the weeds/brush aren't much higher than the hood, it does well, really well.

/ Long 48" Brush Hog on BX25 #4  
I run a 48" Land Pride rotary cutter on our BX2660 and it works quite well.

/ Long 48" Brush Hog on BX25 #5  
I have a squealer SQ480 on my BX25. It works fine, but can get overwhelmed and stall the tractor when it hits certain stuff I shouldn't be running over. Keep the front lower than the back and the top link loose so it follows the ground better.

/ Long 48" Brush Hog on BX25 #6  
Like Triple R, I run a 48" Landpride on my BX2660. Many hours and tall weeds/trees have been leveled with this set up.

/ Long 48" Brush Hog on BX25
Thanks for the advice. Got it working today...After some fighting. It worked like a champ. Lot of fun too.

/ Long 48" Brush Hog on BX25 #8  
just make sure the nuts holding the blades are tight the torque is high 450 lbs and the blades swing free Paul

/ Long 48" Brush Hog on BX25 #9  
I am wondering if a Kubota BX25 w/42" brush hog would do well in 5"-6" grass and weeds. Thinking of buying a 42" brush hog but not if a 17HP diesel won't pull it at a reasonable pace without stalling. Never run a brush hog before, I could use some advice. Thanks!

/ Long 48" Brush Hog on BX25 #10  
Go on YouTube, a guy is running a 48" cutter on a BX24. Looked like he was doing pretty good.