Cruise Control

/ Cruise Control #1  

smartdog

Tractor
Kubota 3240
I have a Kubota 3240 HST cut.

If I step on the pedal, it takes @ 1800 rpm's to get moving, 2000-2500 to gain decent speed.

If I push the cruise control lever forward, it moves out @ 1000 rpm's. It does not go very fast, but I can then step on the pedal, adding speed at a much lower rpm than without the cruise on.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this normal?

Don P

/ Cruise Control #2  
On my B2920 HST, I set the speed with the 'go' peddle. Once I have the tractor at the speed that I want, I depress the Cruse control level to lock in that speed.

I've found that the cruse control usually sustains it at a little slower speed then what I desire. So to solve that, I usually push the 'go' peddle a little further down to get a little faster speed, and then CC locks it in a little slower, which is just right.

Hope that helps,

Larry

/ Cruise Control #3  
I don't have the HST+, but my L5030 reacts the same way to using the cruise control that it does to the foot pedal. I usually engage the cruise control after setting my speed, but occasionally use the cruise control especially when I need to use steering brakes.

/ Cruise Control
Thanks for the reply Larry.

How about the RPM issue?

Don P

/ Cruise Control #5  
Thanks for the reply Larry.

How about the RPM issue?

Don P

Mine will take off at any RPM speed, but to get good road speed, I run 2000 up depending on how far I have to go. My PTO speed is 2550.

/ Cruise Control #6  
Sounds like you are using ATA[Auto Throttle Advance] which can be turned off if you want the tractor to perform the "normal" way.

/ Cruise Control #7  
The HST pedal should move the tractor at any RPM. At idle though it will have little power and want to stall the engine depending on what gear you're in. If the engine is reving up when you step on the HST pedal then you have the auto throttle engaged like kcender said.

/ Cruise Control
I thought I tried the cruise in all the different positions, but will try again.

Thanks Kcender.

/ Cruise Control
OK, will try it with the ATA off.

Will do it right now, Thanks to all.

Don P

/ Cruise Control #10  
The *40 series come with the auto throttle set perhaps a bit generously. Certainly if you're using L or M you don't need the kind of engine speed it creates; for H it might be closer to correct. However, it's an easy adjustment--if you search this forum you can find pictures of the process. If I weren't tired from stacking firewood and drinking a G&T I'd look it up for you :)