Wallenstein BXM42 on a Kubota BX series tractor

/ Wallenstein BXM42 on a Kubota BX series tractor #1  

gthunt

Tractor
Kubota BX25 TLB
Does anyone have this wood chipper set up. I have an opportunity to get the bxm42 at a good price. I have a bx25 but I think the bxm42 might be too heavy. Any thoughts?

/ Wallenstein BXM42 on a Kubota BX series tractor #2  
I have a BX2660 with the BXM32. I would say this is a much better match. I'm sure I have 30-40 hours on my chipper/shredder and I can tell you that the 32 works very well. I've looked at the 42 next to the 32 at a dealer and the 42 is quite a bit bigger.

I've stalled my tractor a couple of times with my set up. It is very powerful and efficient, but I do run out of tractor before I run out of chipper. I know that there are guys out there with be BX42 on their BX tractors, but I don't know anyone with the BXM42 on a little Kubota.

Hope that helps.

/ Wallenstein BXM42 on a Kubota BX series tractor
Thanks

/ Wallenstein BXM42 on a Kubota BX series tractor #4  
Hi
I have the BXM32 on my BX23 and the combination is great. It is big and heavy, the tractor feels a bit tippy on any rough terrain, the 42 is much larger and I would be concerned with that.

I do think the BX42 without the mulching feature would be a good choice if you felt you needed the extra size. The 3" is fine for me, I use anything I can for firewood and I like the shredder for small branches,etc

/ Wallenstein BXM42 on a Kubota BX series tractor
I purchased the BXM42 and have it set up on the Kubota BX25. Yes it is pretty heavy for the tractor. With the front end loader on and some weight in it the tractor handles it fine. Great shredder/chipper, would highly recommend.
Thanks,
Taylor