3-Point Hitch Extending or replacing BX2200 lift arms

/ Extending or replacing BX2200 lift arms #1  

flynifr

Is it possible to get extenders or replace the BX2200 lift arms with longer ones? I have a rear scoop that I cannot get the stock arms to fit on and my box blade needs to be further back so that I can get the lift arms closer to parallel to the ground when pulling as well as lift higher.

Suggestions?

/ Extending or replacing BX2200 lift arms #2  
Pat's Easy Extenders are advertised here on TBN. Also, if your pins are facing outward and are the type that unbolt, you might try turning them around so that they face inward. That will gain you a few inches of necessary space. When I first ordered a scoop from N. H. Northern Tool and Supply, they erroneously sent a large, which would not fit. After verifying that I had indeed ordered a small, they paid for return shipping and sent the right size. I have to say though, that I never use the thing. A FEL is a hundred times more effective. If you can't afford a FEL, a scoop is a poor man's substitute, but nowhere nearly as useful. If you are close to me, I'll sell you my small scoop which does fit my BX2200.

/ Extending or replacing BX2200 lift arms
I have the compact scoop from Tractor Supply. I bought it to use with my old Ford 1100 that I could not find a FEL for. I would love to add a FEL to the BX2200 but the are hard to come by used. I bough this unit without an FEL because it has a relatively unused 60" MMM and a hydraulic plow with the quick hitch which I need for winter. I a,so picked it up for $5000. Hard to pass up at that price.

/ Extending or replacing BX2200 lift arms #4  
Yea, that was a good price. Did you look at the pins? Where are you located? Talk to a dealer who handles both Kubota and Woods and inquire about a Woods FEL that will fit the BX2200. There may be one.

/ Extending or replacing BX2200 lift arms #5  
I'd be a little careful loading up the longer arms - lift capacity will go down because the same amount of weight on the longer arms will put more stress on the hydraulics.

/ Extending or replacing BX2200 lift arms #6  
I'd be a little careful loading up the longer arms - lift capacity will go down because the same amount of weight on the longer arms will put more stress on the hydraulics.

These extenders only add a couple of inches or so. That does figure into the equation, but not by an overly significant amount.

/ Extending or replacing BX2200 lift arms #7  
True, the length may not be much, we're working with levers here. For fun I did a few quick calculations. My BX2200 has the lift arms about 12" from the pivot point. The end of the arms is about 20" from the pivot point. I don't recall offhand what the lift capacity is, but let's assume 500 pounds.

That means to hold up 500 lbs, the hydraulics need about 833 lbs of force (total between two arms).

So, assuming this is the max safe force, we get:

0" - 500 lbs lift
3" - 434 lbs lift
6" - 384 lbs lift
9" - 344 lbs lift
12" - 312 lbs lift

So, losing 70 lbs of capacity with 3 inch extensions may, or may not be significant depending on your application, but it is a loss of about 12%. More for longer extensions.

/ Extending or replacing BX2200 lift arms #8  
IIn case someone else finds this thread.I have added the numbers from the owners manual.

0" - 120 lbs lift
24" - 680 lbs lift

There is a footnote ** See and check IMPLEMENT LIFT LIMITATIONS