Learned my lesson today

/ Learned my lesson today
Verticaltrx said:
Did both wheels on one side come off the ground or just the rear tire off the ground? While a little unnerving the first time, lifting one back wheel, even quite a bit, isn't necessarily that dangerous (front axle pivots only so far). When you get it up on the side on two wheels that is scary.

I was clearing brush with my B3200 a year ago and had already dug out a large bush which left a decent sized hole. I was working on a slight hill with the nose of the tractor down hill and the wheels on the right side in the hole from the bush. While a bit steep it was workable. Then after rooting out some more brush (tractor still partially in hole) I went to back up. Unknowingly a huge vine had gotten around the backside of my bucket on the down hill side. As I backed up the force of the tractor moving backwards against the firmly rooted vine caused the tractor to raise up on the back and tip to the side very quickly. I immediately let off the hydro pedal and the tractor stopped. Sitting precariously on the two right side tires (both left tires where about 18" off the ground) I paused and assessed the situation and decided the best thing to do would be shut the tractor off and get off and take a look. Well, I was so close to the balance point that when I got up to take a look it started to go over even more, so I quickly sat back down. I was working by myself so the only option was to get out of the mess myself (I would have had someone hook a strap to the ROPS to secure it if I had any help.) Sat back down and re-buckled my belt knowing that my two options were rolling over or getting it back upright. Started it back up and with some very slow and careful repositioning of the loader while turning down hill and moving forward a bit I got it to set back down. That's about the closest I've come to turning a tractor over in thousands of hours of tractor operation.

Both left side wheels were off the ground and I was thrown off the tractor (to the right).... The only thing that saved me is the fact that my shorts got caught on the loader control stick lowering the loader as the tractor was rolling. I know that it sounds funny, but after the tractor came to rest, I was struggling to get the loader control out of my pant leg... Thankfully I'm 6'2" so my legs are sufficiently long to prevent serious damage to my goods...

/ Learned my lesson today #22  
Both left side wheels were off the ground and I was thrown off the tractor (to the right).... The only thing that saved me is the fact that my shorts got caught on the loader control stick lowering the loader as the tractor was rolling. I know that it sounds funny, but after the tractor came to rest, I was struggling to get the loader control out of my pant leg... Thankfully I'm 6'2" so my legs are sufficiently long to prevent serious damage to my goods...

Gotcha, I must not have caught that part. Yup, both wheels off the ground on one side is trouble.

/ Learned my lesson today #23  
My 'bucket list' consists of watching for electric pole guy wires. When mowing with the loader on, I tend to forget about the angled brace wires on the poles around my property. You don't sense the problem right away but when you do, it needs action real quick. I tend to watch behind me more than ahead, so things can get missed. Even without the loader, you can crawl up a wire pretty fast.

/ Learned my lesson today #25  
You mentioned you don't have loaded tires,,,,that was some of the best money I ever spent!,,,,,I have the 2920, wouldn't trade it or the loaded tires for anything, I have learned also too keep it in 4 wd on wet hills,,,,,,once it took off down the hill, and after evaluating the tire tracks, the weight of the bucket had put just enough weight ON the front to lift the rear wheels so that I had almost no braking ability

KEEP THE BUCKET LOW