Kubota B 7800 HST ?

/ Kubota B 7800 HST ? #1  

logan97

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800 4/wd
I have recently noticed a silght pause/hesitation on my hydro tranny. Forward or Reverse is this anything to be concerned about ?

/ Kubota B 7800 HST ? #2  
Number of hours?
Last full service for fluid and filters?
Operations? Up hill under load? From a standstill?

Need more info.

/ Kubota B 7800 HST ?
Number of hours?
Last full service for fluid and filters?
Operations? Up hill under load? From a standstill?

Need more info.

just over 300hrs

just serviced last winter, the tranny fluid and filter service is not due yet,serviced @ 170 hrs.

from a stand still, load or no load

/ Kubota B 7800 HST ? #4  
Mine will do that if I'm in high gear and start out from a stop. Also if I'm in medium and start out very slowly. Can't feel that at all when I'm in low. Also a bit more noticeable when it's cold.

/ Kubota B 7800 HST ? #5  
I wouldn't be concerned about it. More than likely it's just a sticky linkage, my guess would be the little cam/arm that actually goes into the transmission is a bit sticky causing some delay when it goes from forward to reverse. I'd just keep using it, if it gets worse take a look underneath and see if any linkage looks like it isn't working well. Also possibly could be something internal in the HST, but still probably nothing I'd concern myself over.

/ Kubota B 7800 HST ? #6  
Mine has an irritating hesitation that's really only noticable when trying to make small movements when hooking up an implement.

Other than that I think there's an adjustment on the back/forth pedal operating rod that might help tighten up reaction to movements.

They're pressure operated - building strength with both RPM and pedal movement so if you try to be gentle and slow in what you do with the tractor the HST will work gently too. In other words don't be afraid to rev up and push the pedal down - you won't hurt it and it'll respond quicker.

/ Kubota B 7800 HST ? #7  
I'd say yes it would have some hesitation.