Loader Bucket continues to raise after release of the stick

/ Bucket continues to raise after release of the stick #1  

jvelandry

Tractor
Kubota BX24
Hello everyone....I've been experiencing a new issue on my 2008 BX24 while operating the bucket. The bucket raises and lowers fine , but when I release the stick the bucket continues to move up. This happens more in the upward motion than the lowering. Curious if anyone has experienced this and possible fix ideas($).

Thank you,

John

/ Bucket continues to raise after release of the stick #2  
Hello everyone....I've been experiencing a new issue on my 2008 BX24 while operating the bucket. The bucket raises and lowers fine , but when I release the stick the bucket continues to move up. This happens more in the upward motion than the lowering. Curious if anyone has experienced this and possible fix ideas($).

Thank you,

John

My L4200 does that too on occasion - usually when the bucket is full of dirt and I'm looking the other way. I hate when that happens.

Apparently, having the lift valve stick is caused by corrosion in the valve body. There is a little access panel behind the valve that you can take off to clean. I haven't done it, so I don't know any details.

JayC

/ Bucket continues to raise after release of the stick
Hello JayC,

I love this tractor, but this issue is driving me nuts. It's getting a little cumbersome to use the loader.

Thank you JayC,

John

/ Bucket continues to raise after release of the stick #4  
The corrosion Jay speaks of is in the cover on the opposite side of the chrome spool you see that actuates the control valve....

Either you have corrosion making it stick off-center when released or a screw has loosened up under that cover.....

Hard to be too specific without seeing your exact valve but the problem is common.....time to take it apart and clean/inspect it....

/ Bucket continues to raise after release of the stick #5  
The spring center is not returning to center. Remove the cover cap off the bottom or back of the valve, and clean and tighten the nut on the end of the spool.

/ Bucket continues to raise after release of the stick #6  
On my BX23 I had the joystick stick one time and gave the linkages a shot of lube similar to WD40 and that took care of it.