Typical Kubota diesel engine life?

/ Typical Kubota diesel engine life? #1  

Joe Kidd

Tractor
ZD326
What are typical figures(hours) for example the 26hp 3cyl in the ZTR mowers? Assuming one stays on top of PM's. I've got 510hrs on mine(2008) probably just broke-in good.

/ Typical Kubota diesel engine life? #2  
I believe one of the Messick's boys stated that 5000 hrs was about the normal life.

/ Typical Kubota diesel engine life? #3  
I would believe that 5000 hours is more like the worst case. I've seen lots of 3 cyl Kubota engines in lighting plants and other temp power uses with well over 5000 hours and still humming right along. Granted that is a good life for a diesel, running at rated RPM with a decent load on them all the time.

/ Typical Kubota diesel engine life? #4  
If you send some people out with an anvil and a feather, an hour later they'll come back with a broken anvil. How long something lasts depends on how it's used. With good care, the Kubota diesel will last a very long time; like anything else, if it's not maintained well, there will be issues.

/ Typical Kubota diesel engine life? #5  
I know my Bobcat SS had that engine, and with 3600+ hours it was still like new. Wish I still had that Bobcat.

/ Typical Kubota diesel engine life? #6  
If you are maintaining it properly I wouldn't even begin to worry at 500. I just bought a used BX with 1500 hours on it. It runs strong and the service records were spotless. A diesel in a HST machine is a decent life. They usually are run at a constant RPM (full throttle) and the HST takes the brunt of the strain.

/ Typical Kubota diesel engine life? #7  
Our average for the 3 cyl diesels in carrier reefer units is about 10,000 hrs. They are tough! One went to 18,000. That's hard to believe. We have one that's on a trailer unit that has over 20,000 and still rolling.

/ Typical Kubota diesel engine life? #8  
What are typical figures(hours) for example the 26hp 3cyl in the ZTR mowers? Assuming one stays on top of PM's. I've got 510hrs on mine(2008) probably just broke-in good.
I had two Bobcat excavators 341 and a 337 that both had over 4000 hrs on them when I sold them 5 years ago. My brother-in-law has the 337, and it still is running strong pushing 5000 hrs. Both of them have Kubota Diesels in them.

/ Typical Kubota diesel engine life? #9  
My propane cat fork lift has well over 10000 hours. The hour meter broke four years before I bought it at 9700 hours. Runs great. No smoke either

/ Typical Kubota diesel engine life? #10  
They are high hour engines. Good designs and a quality build using quality material. We might see a premature failure but that is rare for the numbers of their engines we sell. For some makes we have seen more work getting them to 2000 hours then we will see in 7,500 hours to 10,000 hours.