Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Default What type of Root Grapple to Purchase 66" or 72"?

I have a kubota L4400 and I am interested in purchasing a Root Grapple to help me with Roots and remove Debris. I was looking at a Anbo Root Grapple m (for compact tractors).....but they (Anbo) were trying to push me to a a S Grapple instead? I am concerned that the S is a little to big for the L4400.

I do not know whether to purchase a 66" or 72" size grapple as well? Does anyone have suggestions?

Veteran Member
    Kansas, Butler county, Just east of DooDah
    Tractor
    Kubota L4200 GSTCA

Default Re: What type of Root Grapple to Purchase 66" or 72"?

You can get too big... the problem is the wider you go you can tweak your loader arms... you'll likely be just right around 66"... KennyV

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieman555 View Post
    I have a kubota L4400 and I am interested in purchasing a Root Grapple to help me with Roots and remove Debris. I was looking at a Anbo Root Grapple m (for compact tractors).....but they (Anbo) were trying to push me to a a S Grapple instead? I am concerned that the S is a little to big for the L4400.

I do not know whether to purchase a 66" or 72" size grapple as well? Does anyone have suggestions?
    I have a 66" Anbo grapple and it is a beast and light weight. The model I have is the GRM series. This unit weighs less than 400# and is really tough. Did I mention I have it on a L4400 Kubota?
    I have the 6 inch spacing on mine and it overall is a perfect match.
    Here are a couple links to some of the grapple work.
    Anbo Grapple 1
    Anbo Grapple 2
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    NH 3040

dex3361,

I bought a different brand from Skid Steer Attachments Pallet Forks Hay Spears Bobcat Cat John Deere Mount Plate and picked the 60" instead of the 72". Weight was a concern as was having it to wide to slip in between trees. The Anbo unit is a high quality product and you won't be disappointed. My unit weighs about 550 lbs and works good for what I need it to do. I cleared a piece of my property this summer and had quite a pile of logs to clean up. Since then, I've used it for moving large rocks, stumps, and clean up of road I have that goes to the back of the property. It's turned into a real handy tool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imgp1185-jpg   -imgp1196-jpg  
    Last edited by brewdog; 08-16-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Tractor
    Kubota B7800, B26 TLB

Smaller the better.
    Working to increase the scope of the small tractor experience, one quick attach at a time.

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Quote Originally Posted by brewdog View Post
    dex3361,

I bought a different brand from Skid Steer Attachments Pallet Forks Hay Spears Bobcat Cat John Deere Mount Plate and picked the 60" instead of the 72". Weight was a concern as was having it to wide to slip in between trees. The Anbo unit is a high quality product and you won't be disappointed. My unit weighs about 550 lbs and works good for what I need it to do. I cleared a piece of my property this summer and had quite a pile of logs to clean up. Since then, I've used it for moving large rocks, stumps, and clean up of road I have that goes to the back of the property. It's turned into a real handy tool.
    Nice looking grapple they will spoil you when it comes to lifting stuff.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.