Backhoe What type of Root Grapple to Purchase 66" or 72"?

/ What type of Root Grapple to Purchase 66" or 72"? #1  

Eddieman555

Tractor
Kubota L4400
I have a Kubota L4400 and I am interested in purchasing a Root Grapple to help me with Roots and remove Debris. I was looking at a Anbo Root Grapple m (for compact tractors).....but they (Anbo) were trying to push me to a a S Grapple instead? I am concerned that the S is a little to big for the L4400.

I do not know whether to purchase a 66" or 72" size grapple as well? Does anyone have suggestions?

/ What type of Root Grapple to Purchase 66" or 72"? #2  
You can get too big... the problem is the wider you go you can tweak your loader arms... you'll likely be just right around 66"... KennyV

/ What type of Root Grapple to Purchase 66" or 72"? #3  
I have a Kubota L4400 and I am interested in purchasing a Root Grapple to help me with Roots and remove Debris. I was looking at a Anbo Root Grapple m (for compact tractors).....but they (Anbo) were trying to push me to a a S Grapple instead? I am concerned that the S is a little to big for the L4400.

I do not know whether to purchase a 66" or 72" size grapple as well? Does anyone have suggestions?

I have a 66" Anbo grapple and it is a beast and light weight. The model I have is the GRM series. This unit weighs less than 400# and is really tough. Did I mention I have it on a L4400 Kubota?
I have the 6 inch spacing on mine and it overall is a perfect match.
Here are a couple links to some of the grapple work.
Anbo Grapple 1
Anbo Grapple 2

/ What type of Root Grapple to Purchase 66" or 72"? #4  

dex3361,

I bought a different brand from Skid Steer Attachments Pallet Forks Hay Spears Bobcat Cat John Deere Mount Plate and picked the 60" instead of the 72". Weight was a concern as was having it to wide to slip in between trees. The Anbo unit is a high quality product and you won't be disappointed. My unit weighs about 550 lbs and works good for what I need it to do. I cleared a piece of my property this summer and had quite a pile of logs to clean up. Since then, I've used it for moving large rocks, stumps, and clean up of road I have that goes to the back of the property. It's turned into a real handy tool.

Attachments

• IMGP1185.jpg
    IMGP1185.jpg
    774.8 KB · Views: 349
  • IMGP1196.jpg
    IMGP1196.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 278
Last edited:
   / What type of Root Grapple to Purchase 66" or 72"? #5  

Smaller the better.

/ What type of Root Grapple to Purchase 66" or 72"? #6  
dex3361,

I bought a different brand from Skid Steer Attachments Pallet Forks Hay Spears Bobcat Cat John Deere Mount Plate and picked the 60" instead of the 72". Weight was a concern as was having it to wide to slip in between trees. The Anbo unit is a high quality product and you won't be disappointed. My unit weighs about 550 lbs and works good for what I need it to do. I cleared a piece of my property this summer and had quite a pile of logs to clean up. Since then, I've used it for moving large rocks, stumps, and clean up of road I have that goes to the back of the property. It's turned into a real handy tool.

Nice looking grapple they will spoil you when it comes to lifting stuff.