Ordered BX2750D Snowthrower. Dealer needs my subframe. How come?

/ Ordered BX2750D Snowthrower. Dealer needs my subframe. How come? #1  

Jabroni

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
I currently use a Kubota 2763A plow with the subframe aka. the Quick Hitch. I recently ordered the BX2750D Snowthrower and PTO kit. I got a message from the dealer saying they want me to drop off the hitch so they can "install" the front PTO on it. Never seeing a complete snowthrower installation before I don't know what they're talking about. Is there something that gets installed on the Quick Hitch to support the driveshaft, and if so, is it something I could do myself? I'm hoping that it's possible to switch back and forth from plow to snowthrower during a clearing session.

/ Ordered BX2750D Snowthrower. Dealer needs my subframe. How come? #2  
The subframe does have a short section of shaft that is bolted through a flange.
The rear has splines for the rear drive shaft & the front of the shaft has the quick coupler attachment. This area of drive shaft attachment is the only hard part of putting the snowblower on. There is very little room to work.

/ Ordered BX2750D Snowthrower. Dealer needs my subframe. How come? #3  
You will be able to switch back and forth relatively easily during the season.

I would fabricate some find of protective cover for the front splines on the driveshaft kit, when the plow is in use.

/ Ordered BX2750D Snowthrower. Dealer needs my subframe. How come? #4  
I think it would be wise to let them install the kit in your subframe. Theres two bearings and a spline shaft and they have to be spot on and then tightened with miniature allens....

No problem switching back and forth....

/ Ordered BX2750D Snowthrower. Dealer needs my subframe. How come? #5  
I currently use a Kubota 2763A plow with the subframe aka. the Quick Hitch. I recently ordered the BX2750D Snowthrower and PTO kit. I got a message from the dealer saying they want me to drop off the hitch so they can "install" the front PTO on it. Never seeing a complete snowthrower installation before I don't know what they're talking about. Is there something that gets installed on the Quick Hitch to support the driveshaft, and if so, is it something I could do myself? I'm hoping that it's possible to switch back and forth from plow to snowthrower during a clearing session.

I have done a couple of them. Just follow the manual, it is all dimensioned and installs with simple hand tools.